• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Keyboard gone foreign on me

McNasty

When I try to type a pound sign (shift 3 key ) I get this #. What keys do I need to press to get the English keyboard back ?

All help greatly appreciated.

When I try to type a pound sign (shift 3 key ) I get this #. What keys do I need to press to get the English keyboard back ?

All help greatly appreciated.

I don't see what the problem is... ;)

Did your language settings get changed somehow? Check by going to the Control Panel then click on Regional and Language options and make sure it is set to UK English. If that doesn't help or if you don't use windows, then I have no idea

Not a total answer but you can use your onboard keyboard which is in accessories.

It may sound stupid, but have you tried typing '#' using the # key, rather than the £ key?

You could also just copy-pase £ if you wanted...

Control panel > Regional and Language Options and change every setting that
says United States to United Kingdom.

If not, start > right click my computer > properties > device manager > keyboard > configure > English (UK)

Failing that, this will def. work:

> Language tab, Details button, Default input language select English
(United
> Kingdom), click Apply, in Installed devices, Keyboard does it show United
> Kingdom? If yes and it also shows United States click United States and
> click Remove. If not then Add it and remove United States.

Back