• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kiernan contract Cancelled

If he’s ready to sign for another club then hopefully we can cancel his contract by mutual consent and get away with not paying him anything. Hopefully he’ll do the decent thing and realise we’re a) in a precarious financial position as it is and b) we paid him very good money for a very long time whilst he was out injured.

He should never have been signed in the first place as he was already injured. The condition that he suffered and for which he had his operations was a cumulative chronic condition. He only played in 1 of Rangers last 12 games in the season before he signed for us. And he didn’t have a pre season. First pressure on his knees they went.

Rangers fans thought he was rubbish and probably hounded him out If you read some of the Scottish press at the time.

For all the good Brown did, his last few signings dragged us right down and cost us a bomb. Kightly, Kiernan, Robinson, Ferdinand’s two year extension. Ron backed him with the cash and like in 2006/7 the gamble failed and we‘re bailing out to save the club.

It is a funny game, I remember most of the players listed being lauded when they signed or got extensions.

Not saying they were the right or wrong tings to do, just saying how times change when things go wrong.

For those of you not brave enough to venture into the transfer rumours thread

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/18181377.rob-kiernan-set-leave-southend-united/

I think that will make him the 4th Brown wow signing to have his contract terminated early (Kightly, Cox, Ranger, Ferdinand).

I suppose Cox and for a while at least Ferdinand would be considered succesful signings. The others including Kiernan were definitely not.

We have got to stop signing old and/or injury prone players just because they were good once.

I wish Kiernan well in his new life in America. He has had a tough time with injuries. I am pleased that the club stood by him but unfortunately without getting anything like the return we had hoped for and maybe expected. Sadly, Kiernan was not the only signing from whom we didn’t get the return we expected and thereby hangs a big question mark over our recruitment policy, if indeed we have one.

I wish Kiernan well in his new life in America. He has had a tough time with injuries. I am pleased that the club stood by him but unfortunately without getting anything like the return we had hoped for and maybe expected. Sadly, Kiernan was not the only signing from whom we didn’t get the return we expected and thereby hangs a big question mark over our recruitment policy, if indeed we have one.
You can say that again.
Thank you, Mr Bond, in particular.

Can we just sign Aldi or Lidl? FarmFoods at a push, but thats a bit Col Ewe.

Seriously, I'm surprised the Aldi business model hasn't yet made it to football. Low overheads, small squad, act as shop window for 'brands' and a lucrative way into the market for 'new' producers, pay above minimum wage but give staff lots of responsibility, incremental rather than large scale expansion etc.

Seriously, I'm surprised the Aldi business model hasn't yet made it to football. Low overheads, small squad, act as shop window for 'brands' and a lucrative way into the market for 'new' producers, pay above minimum wage but give staff lots of responsibility, incremental rather than large scale expansion etc.

And lots of young continental players who people think are a bit odd, but in fact are really rather good.

Despite the lack of replacements, who else feels the weight being lifted by just clearing out?

and a team of players who have names that sound very similar to famous ones

Despite the lack of replacements, who else feels the weight being lifted by just clearing out?

Hopefully we (and the team) can acknowledge that one period is over and a new one is about to begin. The ethos of signing old pros looking for a last payday has to end once and for all.

We're down, it's League 2 next season - that's no problem as long as those that are left, plus any new bodies, will fight to get back into Lg1.

possibly one of our best transfer windows in a long time, happy with more going too. the same source that told me about Kiernan to the states a couple of weeks ago also told me that Oxley was in talks with Reading, but maybe Southend have now retracted on their decision since Cambpells back in love with him, My personal opinion is that he can go too for the money he is on, if we can sign a temporary like Walton or Federickii

Back