• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

King Kev

BrettieAngell

THE ROCK GOD
Haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere, King Kev was in the Southend end last night we saw him at half-time and he was treated to a boystrous round on "One Kevin Maher".

Legend!

He was sitting a couple of seats along from me - I said hello at half time when passing, seems like a nice guy and was happy to speak to our supporters.

Think someone mentioned it on the report thread, didn't see him myself but also didn't see you BA although I saw the rest of the guys! Fantastic that he was there!

I was sitting about 6 rows in front of him in the second half, i dunno where he was for the first 45 .. waved hello and clapped him and he acknowledged that and other similar actions and signed a couple of autographs

Legend.

Sign him up. Miles better than what we have at the moment in the centre

Sign him up. Miles better than what we have at the moment in the centre

Couldnt run two years ago so god knows how mobile he is now, but Id love someone who could put his foot on the ball and pick a pass like he could. Even sideways passes are better than losing the ball...

Thats a good point. Most who used to slate maher for his often sideways passing will probably see why he was generally rated so highly - especially when we have christophe in that anchor role nowadays passing to the opposition or touchline.

All good things come to an end - I wouldnt want kev back now, but we do miss him.

Remember seeing him buying football boots in Lillywhites at Lakeside, probably the last place you'd expect to see him buying boots! Had a chat with him for about an hour and was a really nice bloke! Hopefully he'll come back one day as a coach or something although we could do with him in the middle! ;)

The fans who nothing about football back in the 1999-2000 season booed him. How little those idiots knew about football, if you were one of those hang your head in shame.

The fans who nothing about football back in the 1999-2000 season booed him. How little those idiots knew about football, if you were one of those hang your head in shame.

Never ever booed Maher. Always liked and rated him. People slated his sideways passes but if there is no decent forwards ball, sideways is good, especially if it pulls the shape of the oppsition apart to create space for the forward ball.

I can never understand people slating him for being a "crab". Surely retaining possesion by passing it from side it side waiting for openings to exploit, is better than aimless balls over the top that very rarely pay of.

I'd love to have Maher still available. He really could make a pass in our side and helped us earn plenty of praise for our style of football.

Back