• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Landing Clarke

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
if Clarke carrys on like he did saturday what are the chances of us signing him?
surely Sheffield Wednesday will be watching with great interest especially if they themselves are doing poorly.?

if Clarke carrys on like he did saturday what are the chances of us signing him?
surely Sheffield Wednesday will be watching with great interest especially if they themselves are doing poorly.?

Sheffield Wednesday could not do much worse having lost all 4 so far. According to londonblue in an earlier thread the Clarke deal is done sub him being up to scratch.

I'm hoping that - if Clarke continues his good form for us - that Wednesday's form also picks up so that Laws isn't tempted to recall him again.

I always believe if a club is willing to let someone go out on loan then is shouldn be too hard to get them in permanently. If he not even making the bench at sheff wed he must be very very out of favour(billy Paynter styleee)
In fact look at billy and us he went out on loan last season scored goals and did he get a sniff here did he fcuk

. If he not even making the bench at sheff wed he must be very very out of favour(billy Paynter styleee)

That's the thing - he had featured in every game for Wednesday before coming to us. He started and scored (at Ipswich) on the opening day.

I think it should be quite straightforward unless Wednesday do so s**t that Laws is sacked and the new manager decides to recall him. Other than that, the signs are quite good in that Clarke says he likes being here and he is out of favour in Sheffield. :)

Tough call. If Wednesday carry on like they are and Laws gets sacked a new manager might be interested in keeping Clarke.

hopefully a deal has been done already but I hope its been sorted better than when JCR came on loan first.

Good point made by TB, however I reckon that it has already been agreed that we can have him for an 'undisclosed fee' come January providing that we are happy with him.

The above is purely based on the fact that the late late moves just before the window closes are usually put through as 'Loan Deals' to avoid red-tape hiccups etc, the small print involved in the Loan Deals often means that it will become permanent come January, although I don't believe that this will be the case with Gilbert.

On the showing so far, Lord Leon could be just what we need !

Maybe a swap for freddy

:)

Ha, I'm glad to see you may be able to get the best out of Leon. He certainly had 'something' when at Molineux – lets hope he can continue in this kind of form. Excellent assists and goals. Sheff Wed paid £250k for Clarke when we sold him in January, I'm sure he would be available for that kind of figure now. Though, if he carries on at that rate perhaps other clubs will be alerted?

Normally if you take a player on loan who is not a kiddie you agree a price upfront subject to the club loaning him wanting to buy him.

I expect the price is agreed already and its just of a matter of agreeing a deal with Clarke himself.

Back