• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Laptop charger...

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
A few months ago whilst on my laptop I needed the loo. As I got out of bed my foot caught the laptop charger cord...pulling the piece that inserts into the laptop and bending it.

A first I thought this could be triviual. But as time went on my laptop would only charge if the cord was in at a certain angle! Which became very annoying. In an attempt to fix it I tried pulling the charger thingy back into shape. Not thinking clearly I completely broke the charger piece off!

Sh*t.

So today I went into Southend looking for a new Toshiba charger.

Currys- No laptop charger...£99.99 for a 'Universal Charger'...F*ck off!

Long and boring story short I had to end up dishing out £47 in Maplins for a new 'Univeral Charger'...2/3 of my petty wages.

Ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few months ago whilst on my laptop I needed the loo. As I got out of bed my foot caught the laptop charger cord...pulling the piece that inserts into the laptop and bending it.

A first I thought this could be triviual. But as time went on my laptop would only charge if the cord was in at a certain angle! Which became very annoying. In an attempt to fix it I tried pulling the charger thingy back into shape. Not thinking clearly I completely broke the charger piece off!

Sh*t.

So today I went into Southend looking for a new Toshiba charger.

Currys- No laptop charger...£99.99 for a 'Universal Charger'...F*ck off!

Long and boring story short I had to end up dishing out £47 in Maplins for a new 'Univeral Charger'...2/3 of my petty wages.

Ridiculous.

Why did you not just check on ebay! They have loads on there.

Mate, i had exactly the same problem a year or 2 ago. Ended up getting that universal one in Maplin you are on about. Be careful though, because mine only lasted 6 months before not working anymore, and they made me fork out another 60 odd euro for a new one...

Mate, i had exactly the same problem a year or 2 ago. Ended up getting that universal one in Maplin you are on about. Be careful though, because mine only lasted 6 months before not working anymore, and they made me fork out another 60 odd euro for a new one...

I have to be honest- it does have that 'cheap', 'short-term' look about it.

And why was I in bed? Because that is where I use my laptop.

Should have gone to ebay. Got a original Dell charger for £25, and the batterry (non-dell, but higher capacity than the Dell one it came with) for £20!

Just beware of some of the non-original items, esp. from Hong Kong, as you will get charged VAT, and they might have US plugs etc.

Back