• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Laptop Hard Drive Query

The Turpinator

Saga Lout
I've got an ACER laptop that has 2 seperate hard drives, the C : Drive & the D : Drive. Each holds 60GB.

The C : Drive is nearly full & I keep getting a message telling me this. However, there's nothing more I can delete from it & I've performed Disk Cleanup.

Does anyone know how I can access & start using the D : Drive, as well as, if possible, moving some of what's in my C : Drive over to the D : Drive?

PS - It doesn't say in the manual I got with the machine & I've tried Google, to no avail.

Last edited:
Maybe buy a memory stick thingy - they're not expensive - and move things onto that.

I've got an ACER laptop that has 2 seperate hard drives, the C : Drive & the D : Drive. Each holds 60GB.

The C : Drive is nearly full & I keep getting a message telling me this. However, there's nothing more I can delete from it & I've performed Disk Cleanup.

Does anyone know how I can access & start using the D : Drive, as well as, if possible, moving some of what's in my C : Drive over to the D : Drive?

PS - It doesn't say in the manual I got with the machine & I've tried Google, to no avail.

Copy and paste documents from C to D. Applications will need to be uninstalled and reinstalled.

Are you sure that all of the 60GB is vital? To be fair, that's a hell of a lot of files - can;t you back some pictures up onto DVD / external hard drive?

Yeah, just go to my computer, open drive c and drive d in seperate windows and just drag things across. You could also go through your list of programs and see if you need all of them?

Thanks to those of you who've provided me with suggestions.

I've got rid of a couple of the non-important programs I had & will transfer my photos to disk, until I can find out exactly how to access the D : Drive.

You can repartition the disk again so you have just one drive rather than the "two".

Plenty of software out there that will do it.

I hate computers!! My one at home has just packed in. Don't think I had too much crap on it and photos were backed up on cd, but now got to set up a new computer and see if I can save any other files I had on. Its just a load of bloody hassle!

Back