• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

laptop help! please!!!!!!!!!

Yer Blues

Not Always Sarcastic ⭐
evening all

my laptop is not reading my cd rom drive. its not a new one and has worked previously. its not reading any discs and when i go to my computer, it doesnt show that i have a cd drive! ahhhhhhhh!

can anyone help? big green for those who can!

thanks in advance

matty

In the words of the IT Crowd- 'have you tried turning it off and on again'? I only ask because assuming it's connected properly, restarting should make the computer register that there's some hardware there. If you've tried that, i guess the next step is to get the correct drivers for your cd-rom drive (probably from the net) and try installing it manually.

good luck, whatever it turns out to be!

What kind of laptop is it? My missus had a similar problem before - and on the startup i hit the F12 key (Hers is a Toshiba...might be different for other brands i'm not sure) and loaded the cd drive manually first before everything else loaded up...seemed to remember the cd drive everytime afterwards - hope that may help a little :confused:

In the words of the IT Crowd- 'have you tried turning it off and on again'?

A quality show & never really mentioned on here (especially with the ginger bird in it........).

Think is that's so true, I did 18 months working on an IT helpdesk & the amount of times if you did that things would reset themselves!

A quality show & never really mentioned on here (especially with the ginger bird in it........).

Think is that's so true, I did 18 months working on an IT helpdesk & the amount of times if you did that things would reset themselves!

Or "power cycle" if you want to show off.

A "reseat" often works aswell or if you prefer pull out the cd drive and then shove it back in again.

In fact, here she is.........

jen-profile.jpg

In fact, here she is.........

jen-profile.jpg

Also plays the receptionist in Doc Martin..

Loved the clip in The I.T crowd when Jen reluctantly invited the rest of the team to a dinner party but told them not to talk about memory or RAM....To which Moss did his silly laugh and said "RAM is memory"

Loved the clip in The I.T crowd when Jen reluctantly invited the rest of the team to a dinner party but told them not to talk about memory or RAM....To which Moss did his silly laugh and said "RAM is memory"

Yeah that was quality!
2nd series was strange, probably not as solid as the first (missed Chris Morris from my perspective) but probably had more laugh out loud hilarity to it.

Boxset of both series is on my Xmas list to Santa!

Back