• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

1870s? or 1970s?

Thanks for the contribution - I haven't heard of either previously.

:raspberry: Sean is in the pic I posted on the South Bank thread, has a red shirt on I think.

Have certainly mentioned Sean Rafter on here before, came through our ressies and we sold him on to Leicester for quite a decent sum back in the day. Malcolm Webster suffered from being the incumbent before Mervyn Cawston and Neil Freeman so he's often overlooked.

I am staggered that no-one has mentioned the unforgettable James Walker.

I will remember him for 3 things. Missing against Doncaster, scoring a lovely goal against Orient in the last minute to get us a draw and Freedman telling him to take a penalty which ended up being the easiest save ever made.

:raspberry: Sean is in the pic I posted on the South Bank thread, has a red shirt on I think.

Have certainly mentioned Sean Rafter on here before, came through our ressies and we sold him on to Leicester for quite a decent sum back in the day. Malcolm Webster suffered from being the incumbent before Mervyn Cawston and Neil Freeman so he's often overlooked.

Iirc Webster was shown ,whilst at Fulham, bellowing at his defence in the opening sequence of The Big Match on Sunday afternoons

I am staggered that no-one has mentioned the unforgettable James Walker.

Didn't Napster? He just said Walker, which I assumed to be James.

Although it could be the totally forgettable John Walker, one of the worst centre halves ever to play for us I think.

Last edited:
I will remember him for 3 things. Missing against Doncaster, scoring a lovely goal against Orient in the last minute to get us a draw and Freedman telling him to take a penalty which ended up being the easiest save ever made.

While Lee Barnard was ready to come on and take it , i remember him being so annoyed he kicked the edge of the pitch and started stropping lol , who can blame him.

James Walker on the other hand , great bloke , had time for everyone . feel he would have gone way further if he was able to keep fit , hasn't his heart problem convinced him to retire ??

Back