• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not quite sure about the logic behind this one unless he can play on the wing. But good luck to the lad hope he helps to push us to promotion.

I'm not sure I see the sense in this one either, I suppose it could be that we may be shifting some "dead wood" who are deemed not good enough (and queue comments about an untried youngster that is not home-grown).... but where they might go, and who they could be are anyone's guess..

Really do not understand this.

We publish an article stating we are looking to bring in a Premiership midfielder on loan and once again end up with a youth player. We tried it with King we tried it with Kamara and whilst I hope to be proved wrong the youngster doesn't seem to have the physical attributes necessary in this league.

Judging by the videos he is a central midfielder, more a Maher type player, and is it really what we need?

If Bridge is off to Bournemouth then there's no harm in adding another midfielder, particularly with the new loan rules and Timlin and Wordsworth being injury-prone. Seems to be quite highly rated at Spurs.

Doesn't hurt us, but have no idea why he would want to or why Tottenham would want him coming to compete with Wordsworth, Leonard, Timlin and Atkinson.

Doubt he'll have much game time but if he's cheap then it could be a useful option if we pick up injuries.

Now, onto that striker and centre back that we desperately need Phil...

Guess he can fill Deegans old role of bulking the midfield to see out a win?

Probably the wrong choice of phrase. :smile:

Have you seen him?.... If he wants to bulk out the Midfield, he needs some intensive training in the "Stavros Kebab House"

l_amos.jpg

If Bridge is off to Bournemouth then there's no harm in adding another midfielder, particularly with the new loan rules and Timlin and Wordsworth being injury-prone. Seems to be quite highly rated at Spurs.

Welcome Amos - I hope your time at the club is a success.

And now the not so good part of the post .............. how many times are we going to take unproven young players from other clubs and train them up on the pitch for their "parent" club? To me, there is a world of difference between reserve games and the real thing on a Saturday afternoon.

I understand the element about cover in case of injuries, illness and suspensions but I am quite peeved (even possibly miffed) that these players seem (to me) to get more opportunities to impress than our own young players.

Back