• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest from the rumour mill...

hexagon_sun

Manager
My brother (Norwich City fan) has just told me that a certain Canaries fans forum is rife with fresh rumours that they're about to sign Freddy. The 'source' also states the price tag (400,000) and claims that this has all been corroborated by Freddy's dad. Let's hope there's nothing in it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ May 25 2005,14:26)]My brother (Norwich City fan) has just told me that a certain Canaries fans forum is rife with fresh rumours that they're about to sign Freddy. The 'source' also states the price tag (400,000) and claims that this has all been corroborated by Freddy's dad. Let's hope there's nothing in it.
With all the money taken in increase revenue recently I think that Norwich would have to double that to take him

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ May 25 2005,14:26)]My brother (Norwich City fan) has just told me that a certain Canaries fans forum is rife with fresh rumours that they're about to sign Freddy. The 'source' also states the price tag (400,000) and claims that this has all been corroborated by Freddy's dad. Let's hope there's nothing in it.
Lets hope it rubbish, just like last time they said they were about to sign him. I still think he'd have to prove himself again this season, or at least until january, before any Championship or even Premier$hite sides come in for him.

Any ways, I don't think there would be much point in accepting a £400,000 offer. What with some of that having to go to Grays, its not exactly going to help our debt out really is it, not much anyways.

i get worried evertime i hear a freddy rumour. sure enough we must accept he wont stay here forever but he's said it himself that he's happy to stay until he's contracts up. i know footballers these days dont always go by there word - especially when theres money involved but for some reason trust what freddy said. think about it, he hasnt even had one full season of league 2 football nevermind champ standard. he will probably be sitting on the bench aswell for the majority so he has to ask himself what he would prefer?!?

another thing - what about ashton, the only reason they were looking at freddy was if the ashton deal fell through. iv heard mckenzie might be off to charlton but that still doesnt mean they are short of strikers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ May 25 2005,14:39)]another thing - what about ashton, the only reason they were looking at freddy was if the ashton deal fell through. iv heard mckenzie might be off to charlton but that still doesnt mean they are short of strikers.
But there are some Premier$hite clubs sniffing around Ashton, now he has proved he can score goals in there....look how well Nugent has coped for PNE he came straight from Bury...

yeah but the chairman has already said that the club is financially secure and has no need to sell any players they dont wish to. i know they do this as a way of securing the fans trust and therefore buy there season tickets for next season but they dont all talk sh*te! we shall wait and see

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ May 25 2005,15:19)]the chairman has already said
Who??
wink.gif

But unfortunately clubs still sell players if they don't have to just because players get the hump a la Robbie Savage.
If Eastwood did decide he really wanted to go and had this refused the likelyhood would be that his effort and motivation would go down meaning that we wouldn't benefit from keeping him, its sad but its true.

But unfortunately clubs still sell players if they don't have to just because players get the hump a la Robbie Savage.
If Eastwood did decide he really wanted to go and had this refused the likelyhood would be that his effort and motivation would go down meaning that we wouldn't benefit from keeping him, its sad but its true.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ May 25 2005,14:39)]another thing - what about ashton, the only reason they were looking at freddy was if the ashton deal fell through. iv heard mckenzie might be off to charlton but that still doesnt mean they are short of strikers.
With Robert Green leaving they're going to be absolutely buggered at the back so they'll need to score a lot more goals. McKenzie AND Francis are almost certainly on their way so they'll be lacking in goal scoring talent and will be looking to make some signings.

Defiantely legs in this rumour.

Xabia Shrimper reported this was happening ages ago and I'm inclined to believe its a done deal.

down.gif

Maybe true, maybe not but we are looking at Craig Holt anyway? One in one out wouldn't be a disaster especially if we can sign another 20 goal a season player!

Chins up, chaps!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ May 25 2005,15:33)]Maybe true, maybe not but we are looking at Craig Holt anyway? One in one out wouldn't be a disaster especially if we can sign another 20 goal a season player!

Chins up, chaps!
We're looking at Grant Holt too
cool.gif

Ashton'll go without a doubt. With Crouch getting inthe England squad, Ashton must be eyeing the chance of a call up and he's not going to get it in the Championship. There'll be plenty of clubs ready to snap him up I'd have thought.

If we accept £400,000 for Eastwood, we would be very foolish indeed. Maybe next summer depending on what state we're in and in light of the fact he'll be in the last year of his contract then.

I know it's a lot of money but it's also our prize asset who's secured to playing for us for another two years.

Frankly, I can't see there being much in this rumour at all. As good as Freddy is at this level, he's far from the finished article. Certainly much further away than Nugent who frankly looked a class act v Derby. He certainly has potential to be good enough for the Championship but in my eyes, he's nowhere near ready for that sort of step up yet.

lets hope for freddys sake he rejects any approach from norwich, remember what happened to chris greenacre at stoke, jon stead at blackburn and potentialy bobby zamora at west ham.

freddy does owe tilly a lot as it was us who have given him a chance to re ignight his career.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 25 2005,15:55)]If we accept £400,000 for Eastwood, we would be very foolish indeed.  
Not sure about that.

Couldn't we utilise the money to secure the services of several league 1 (at least) quality players thus giving us a greater chance of succeeding at a higher level?

If we can realise £400k I think we should take it!

i saw zema abbey a couple of years ago up at a norwich game and to be fair he was a last 10/15 minutes player you throw on to try and get a point or a win. Might be worth taking a look but apparently according to a mate who watches torquay abbey demands highish wages.

bring him in for pre season and take a look at him wouldnt hurt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ May 25 2005,16:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 25 2005,15:55)]If we accept £400,000 for Eastwood, we would be very foolish indeed.  
Not sure about that.

Couldn't we utilise the money to secure the services of several league 1 (at least) quality players thus giving us a greater chance of succeeding at a higher level?

If we can realise £400k I think we should take it!
...and a sell on clause and a goal clause and a games played etc.

So if the Dudfield rumours are true also then we have Kightly, Bramble and Gray
glare.gif
suspect.gif

brentford have released deon burton and andy myers-they are bothe proven at prem level and tilly could be interested in them for strenghening the squad for league 1 next season, fair enough they arent young but they may add more experience to the camp

Back