• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Latest news on the sale of the club.

We could be if the rat and the council don't come to agreement sooner rather than later. Statement indicates the Consortium patience is running out and they aren't prepared to be taken for ride. I don't blame for taking this approach. I think we are lucky they have continued to fund the club despite not owning the club, that's credit to them as I doubt many others would do the same thing.
I’ve been waiting for this to happen tbh. I was explaining the current situation to some friends who live locally but aren’t Shrimpers. It’s quite ludricious to pay the bills for a property or company that you don’t yet own. Maybe as a short-term measure some people (life-long fans) may do this to ensure there is a club left to buy. But there’s always been a ticking clock on this situation and having the whole thing hinge on Ron Martin successfully completing the property deal that he’s failed to complete in 2 decades has always been the scariest part. I know the deal isn’t what it once was but that doesn’t really seem to have simplified things much.

Sick to death of this **** to be honest.

Last edited:
Isn't that the same thing, it would not be £1 if they are taking on 2million debt. They would be paying 2.1 million in the long run.
Yes, quite so. Except buying it for 2 mill beforehand is often less favourable than paying a quid and settling the debts in a timeframe agreed with the creditors. Very common practice and often the debt is negotiated down so win win
You have to ask why Ron will let it go for a pound and be forced to cough up 20 mill in the future and to retain all the debts? He would be better off having folded the club and know for sure the council will still want the housing built, with the premium of more at RH. He could have done it years ago and before his dosh ran out.
We have a consortium that allegedly, I'm sure it's true, have already stumped up 3mill and so far we have a lifted embargo, a few extra players and a bit of tarting up around the ground. There is so much more money needed and I still have no idea where or when viability will happen. If at all. Perhaps we tell ourselves they are doing it for the love of the club? Business and sentiment do not mix.

I've seen a couple of people mentioning a pitch invasion at the end of the Rochdale game ...

PLEASE DON'T DO THAT

It's the last game of the season and Rochdale fans will be traveling all this way to see their players off for the season.

A pitch invasion would be extremely disrespectful to them imo

If it comes to it, we will protest on our way to the stadium

UTB! 🦐
Plus I would like to also say a huge thanks to Kev and the lads for their efforts this season

So by your logic, the consortium will lose their current investment if (when) Ron doesn't pay?
Not exactly, but without knowing the full extent of creditors they’d be funding with the continuing uncertainty with the council and the Rat. Benevolence has its limits.

I’ve been waiting for this to happen tbh. I was explaining the current situation to some friends who live locally but aren’t Shrimpers. It’s quite lubricious to pay the bills for a property or company that you don’t yet own. Maybe as a short-term measure some people (life-long fans) may do this to ensure there is a club left to buy. But there’s always been a ticking clock on this situation and having the whole thing hinge on Ron Martin successfully completing the property deal that he’s failed to complete in 2 decades has always been the scariest part. I know the deal isn’t what it once was but that doesn’t really seem to have simplified things much.

Sick to death of this **** to be honest.
I wonder if his son is more the driving force behind this saga. After all he is the 1 who has most to gain. When this sorry mess ends I hope to never hear Martins or the council linked to sufc again.

Back