• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest news

I heard they were one of the two bidders and its in the next 5-6 weeks, where did you hear it ? :)

Surely, and yes Ill call you Shirley, if the are at that stage we would be hearing on the official site ?

Need someone to confirm...

Work will involve construction of a new 14,000 seater stadium at Fossetts Farm.
One industry source familiar with the project said: “Logic and common sense dictates that it should all be one job. But it doesn’t look like it will turn out that way.”

3 sides. Shudder.....

Indeed.

I would rather have a 4 sided 14,000 seater stadium. Plenty for the moment.

Same old predictable reply, but we arent meant to be building for the moment.

However, sadly whilst 22,000 seemed ambitious when things were great its hard to see when we would ever be in a position to need anything like that.

With hindsight a 16,000 capacity stadium may have been more within our reach. If we get a 3 sided stadium I think we may not see the 4th side for many years if at all. So cant really argue against a 14k stadium with 4 sides right now.

doesn't the 4th stand have all the commercial parts of the ground? if so I think that's why it's high cost and is likely to be left for now. I'm pretty sure people on here were highlighting how going from 14 - 22k wasn't at a huge extra cost, and if in the future we do become an established CCC club then perhaps it's a suitable capacity.

doesn't the 4th stand all the commercial parts of the ground? if so I think that's why it's high cost and is likely to be left for now. I'm pretty sure people on here were highlighting how going from 14 - 22k wasn't at a huge extra cost, and if in the future we do become an established CCC club then perhaps it's a suitable capacity.

Correct. It still baffles me as to how we are going to make any corporate revenue until this 4th side is built?

Will we be serving up happy meals in portakabins on the mud bank for £50+VAT?

Correct. It still baffles me as to how we are going to make any commercial revenue until this 4th side is built?

Will we be serving up happy meals in portakabins on the mud bank for £50+VAT?

Indeed, however it highlights that the need for the 4th stand isn't just for the capacity. Therefore maybe it will come along in the future even if we still have lowish crowds.

doesn't the 4th stand have all the commercial parts of the ground? if so I think that's why it's high cost and is likely to be left for now. I'm pretty sure people on here were highlighting how going from 14 - 22k wasn't at a huge extra cost, and if in the future we do become an established CCC club then perhaps it's a suitable capacity.

Indeed, its not the size itself thats the problem.

Have to say if we cant afford it now when we are selling Roots Hall at what point will we be able to ?

Pretty scary thought.

Indeed, however it highlights that the need for the 4th stand isn't just for the capacity. Therefore maybe it will come along in the future even if we still have lowish crowds.

It has to come along and sharpish.

I cannot see how we can survive without it.

The whole point in moving was to generate extra revenue from other streams. Such as improved corporate offerings, hotel, conference facilities, restaurant etc. But with none of those facilities available in the short to mid-term, unless crowds are very decent I cannot see how we can be increasing revenue.

All very concerning in my eyes. I mean what happens if the stadium gets built and nobody is interested in stumping up the cash for the 4th side?...We would be in no better a position than we are at RH. Our survival hinges on that 4th side being built. Without it, we are finished.

Will Ron really care, he would of kept his end of the bargain up by developing a "football stadium" and then can happily develop RonWorld and earn himself a nice retirement fund...

Or am I worrying too much?

I doubt once we are out of RH and RM gets his hands on some dosh to enable him to wipe some of his huge debts away he will give a flying **** about what happens about the 4th side of the ground or indeed SUFC.

I doubt once we are out of RH and RM gets his hands on some dosh to enable him to wipe some of his huge debts away he will give a flying **** about what happens about the 4th side of the ground or indeed SUFC.

What he said ^^^^^^^. :thumbdown:

Why wouldn't RM give a flying ****? He can't afford to build it now but in the future he might, or he may take some investment and payout a return on the income that the stand will bring.

If we have 3 stands, would the 4th stand be temporary? After seeing some of the temporary stands for the olympics, that would not nessecarily be a terrible thing? I'm sure Sherif is best placed to comment on the validity of having a temporary stand for a long period of time, say 3-5 years...

Why wouldn't RM give a flying ****? He can't afford to build it now but in the future he might, or he may take some investment and payout a return on the income that the stand will bring.

Who in the right mind in the current climate and the state football is in want to invest in any club let alone us? Even if a miracle occurred who on this earth would want to be in business with RM with his track record.

Who in the right mind in the current climate and the state football is in want to invest in any club let alone us? Even if a miracle occurred who on this earth would want to be in business with RM with his track record.

Because it's an investment in a multi-purpose ground, not SUFC.

Back