• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest relegation odds

KrustyTheKray

President
15/2 with Bet 365.

What with the looming administration coming up, and the possibility of a big points deduction, these odds look generous.

The club have a lot to answer for!! :madman:

This must be like all your Christmases and Birthdays rolled into one, Tony.

;)

15/2 with Bet 365.

What with the looming administration coming up, and the possibility of a big points deduction, these odds look generous.

The club have a lot to answer for!! :madman:

I remember a thread a little while ago asking has ron gambled with the future of SUFC maybe the answer is indeed yes add to that gambled and lost(maybe) and could be very very dark days ahead

The club is in the **** and TTK turns up. What a surprise! :D

Might stick a cheeky tenner on that. Not that I'd be enjoying my winnings if it did turn out to be true. :(

This must be like all your Christmases and Birthdays rolled into one, Tony.

;)

No not at all, but to be brutally honest i could see it coming a long time back.

Questions need to be answered!

Where's the money gone? The club have been seriously mis-managed financially!

I remember a thread a little while ago asking has ron gambled with the future of SUFC maybe the answer is indeed yes add to that gambled and lost(maybe) and could be very very dark days ahead

You are correct, there was a thread indeed.

You could tell the club were in dire straights the moment the silly share issue came out. As though we all dont put enough money into the club through tickets and things from the club shop etc, and then the club ask for more through a share issue that is worth diddly squat, you can't even sell them on!

The amount of phone calls you get asking for more money through lottery tickets, and if you'd like to hire an executive box. It just didn't wash.

The club have not been honest with us the loyal fans, and thats wrong.

It's not our fault the club is ruined financially, it's the powers that be who runs the club.

Make your own minds up, but i know where i lay the blame!

Make your own minds up, but i know where i lay the blame!

Yep, High wage earners brought in in an attempt to maintain the push achieved by the aquisition of a couple of class bargains.

Where are those "splash the cash" posters now when the limited amount of cash splashing we did (which still wasn't enough to prevent a number of "We lack ambition" posts ) has come back to bite us on the bum

As for the where has the money gone question, may i politely request that instead of popping on whenever there is bad news, you visit a tad more regularly and then you may have seen the numerous posts disecting the clubs profit and loss accounts in some detail.....

Last edited:
Where's the money gone? The club have been seriously mis-managed financially!

It's not our fault the club is ruined financially, it's the powers that be who runs the club.

Because youve never demanded we buy new players or that winning every single game and pushing for promotion every year is the only acceptable level of performance before you jump on here whining.

Yet youd like us to do that without spending any money.

Cant have it all your own way....

Last edited:
Because youve never demanded we buy new players or that winning every single game and pushing for promotion every year is the only acceptable level of performance before you jump on here whining.

Yet youd like us to do that without spending any money.

Cant have it all your own way....

JM ... you should know by now you can't let hard facts and evidence get in the way of a whinge !!!

Lee its probably not fair to say Ron gambled with the future of the club as you have to remember the club was about to go out of business when he took it over, and he took a massive personal gamble to pump loads of his own money in to keep us afloat. He had to have a reason for doing it, which of course was to build the stadium & retail park which would have made him a lot of money. But without him we'd probably already be dead & buried & we can't blame the recession (which is ultimately whats done us in) on Ron.

The other thing that has been a major factor is getting relegated after one season in the CC. It makes me wish we'd never got promoted to be honest, and i certainly hope we don't again until we're properly ready for it (i.e. still in business & in the new stadium etc)

If anyone thinks we will go into administration they should take whatever odds over 4/1 they can get and then lay it off at odds on after the announcement on Betfair for no lose gamble.

The gamble is then only on whether we go into administration or not.

If anyone doesn't understand then pm me and I'll explain...

If anyone thinks we will go into administration they should take whatever odds over 4/1 they can get and then lay it off at odds on after the announcement on Betfair for no lose gamble.

I'd rather you put the bets on for me & I'll paypal you the stake ;)

Agreed. Couldn't bring myself to do it myself but have mentioned to a couple of work colleagues that 8/1 is massive in the event of administration. Take ten points off us and we're effectively needing to get 61 points to stay up. That's probably an even money shot.

Agreed. Couldn't bring myself to do it myself but have mentioned to a couple of work colleagues that 8/1 is massive in the event of administration. Take ten points off us and we're effectively needing to get 61 points to stay up. That's probably an even money shot.

I'm quite realistic I'm afraid and if the worst happens then there is a positive to come out of it which will be money in my pocket.

Mercenary? Yeah, probably... but I look on it that whenever I bet for us we lose so by betting against us I give it a positive jinx. That way it only costs me money - which I can live with.

I'm quite realistic I'm afraid and if the worst happens then there is a positive to come out of it which will be money in my pocket.

Mercenary? Yeah, probably... but I look on it that whenever I bet for us we lose so by betting against us I give it a positive jinx. That way it only costs me money - which I can live with.

On more than one occasion I have backed us to lose a single game. Away to Leeds is an annual money-maker. But betting on relegation? That's another step entirely.

But I'll admit that I'm thinking about it.

On more than one occasion I have backed us to lose a single game. Away to Leeds is an annual money-maker. But betting on relegation? That's another step entirely.

But I'll admit that I'm thinking about it.

But that's the point - you're not betting on us to go down! Well, you are, of course, but you can get into profit regardless by laying it off afterwards. If we don't go into administration, then woo hoo, and we probably won't go down, but if we start playing badly and do, then the odds will drop naturally and you can lay it off then.

Either way you'll win or we stay up comfortably, won't go into administration and you've lost your stake which is the fee you've paid to guarantee financial safety.

It's a no-brainer in my opinion...

Back