• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Laurent signs

There's no doubt that our most successful teams of late have been built upon a settled and balanced side, the inclusion of one or two loan players being beneficial. To build a team based largely upon loan players is, to me, quite a worrying prospect.

I agree with YBUTC. Look at the Telford replay where we played 1 loanee and we were awful! Against Leicester we played 3 loanees from the start and we lacked creativity. Milsom was poor. Stanislas was ok. Harding was average. Didn't see enough of Feeney to judge him. Bring in Sawyer and Harding permanently! (maybe Federici aswell haha :P)

Do we know how long Harding and Sawyer have on their existing contracts? if Sawyer is on his last year, then Chelsea could loan him back to us and he excells at this level. if they loan him to a Championship side, his form could dip as he his playing at a higher level causing his stock to drop at the end of season.
The same could be said for Harding although im sure he is use to playing football at a higher level.

I believe Harding is out of contract this year, but is out of favour at the club anyway. Don't think there's any way we can afford him unless he's prepared to take a big wage cut, be honest, would you? Not sure about Sawyer.

There are two types of loans: emergency loans and standard loans.

You can only make standard loans during the transfer window and the player can only return to their parent club in 6 or 12 months' time.

Emergency loans can be for a minimum of 28 days and a maximum of 93 days.

Harding is a standard loan, the rest are emergency loans. Most clubs will only let players out on emergency loans so that they can recall them if needed.

I'm fully aware of the two types of loans.

My point was that I don't understand why we didn't sign the three aforementioned players on standard loans until January. Each of their clubs has no use for them this season and the extra month and a bit would surely have made no difference to their parent clubs.

There's no doubt that our most successful teams of late have been built upon a settled and balanced side, the inclusion of one or two loan players being beneficial. To build a team based largely upon loan players is, to me, quite a worrying prospect.

Stoke got promoted using the loan system effectively - using 5 loan players every week and it didnt harm them.... they got stronger, got promoted and made them more attractive (or had more cash to throw at players) to sign players permanantly.

As long as your bringing quality in i cant see how it would be a bad thing short term. Its not as if we are going to sign any players today that in 3/4 years time will be making an assault on the premier league... we'll sign players to get out us out of this league, then sign players to help us stay in the league above.. and after a while sign players to push on for promotion.....

Stoke got promoted using the loan system effectively - using 5 loan players every week and it didnt harm them.... they got stronger, got promoted and made them more attractive (or had more cash to throw at players) to sign players permanantly.

As long as your bringing quality in i cant see how it would be a bad thing short term. Its not as if we are going to sign any players today that in 3/4 years time will be making an assault on the premier league... we'll sign players to get out us out of this league, then sign players to help us stay in the league above.. and after a while sign players to push on for promotion.....

And Hereford from league 2 as well. In the middle of the summer Brush said we would have more loanees this season - so this is a deliberate tactic.

As for bringing people in until January rather than one month loans, some of the loanees (Christophe & Sawyer) were thought of as untried (Christophe had a long trial) so perhaps we didn't want to commit to a longer deal. The longer deal - Harding - was a safe bet as Tilly knew he was a good player.

Definitely, and we have noticed that when all our loanees were in eg kanu jcf harding and they were all week in week out, we was promotion contenders..

Definitely, and we have noticed that when all our loanees were in eg kanu jcf harding and they were all week in week out, we was promotion contenders..

I still think that was more down to having a settled team with two bang on form strikers and a flippin' good goalkeeper.

I still think that was more down to having a settled team with two bang on form strikers and a flippin' good goalkeeper.

Interestingly, we do not seem to be missing HR Kanu ? or little mention of him

Dead right that we need our strikers back and sharpish, to halt the more recent decline in form.

Back