• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LDV Draw

stickyboy

Director
See the LDV is this Saturday on Soccer AM and 2 teams from each section got a bye to the 2nd Round
In the South it was COl.U and Walsall

Does anyone want us to try to win this year or would we prefer to get knocked out early and forget about it?

The main aim this year i to avoid relegation from the league. But if we do go on another cup run and survive in League 1 I wouldn't mind. But if our league form suffers because of being in the LDV then I would like us out.

Bloody jammy Col U!!.

Nope, novelty has complety gone for me, and nearly cost us big time last time round. Out in the first round will please me no end!.

A decent F.A Cup run this season would be nice, for a change!.

laugh.gif

To be honest, as much as I've enjoyed the cup runs I don't really mind if we don't get too far this year. We need to concentrate on the league!

Shame that we can't knock Col U out in the first round again, anyone at home really.

Having had two trips to Cardiff for this cup I would like to see us win the bloody thing, but I would prefer a nice long FA Cup run, which could be more lucrative.
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

How come they got a bye? Why should they? Why dont last seasons Area finalists get byes?

Luck of the draw i guess.

Probably the only way they would of made the 2nd round anyway!.

laugh.gif

To be honest, the sooner we go out the better.
Obviously, i'm not gonna go into the first game hoping to lose but it wouldn't bother me if we did.
We're never gonna win the sodding thing, and the novelty has worn off. I'd rather concentrate on the League and survival, which an LDV run will only harm.

I think tilly will start off with fielding players that ain't playing and if we keep getting through then put our best team out like he usually does. Money to the club at the end of the day. I don't mind another trip to cardiff and a good sing song in the prince of wales.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Sep. 14 2005,11:55)]How come they got a bye? Why should they? Why dont last seasons Area finalists get byes?
Exactly.

Should have been us and Bristol R who got byes for getting to the Area Final.

Mind you are we sure that Col Ewe got a Bye, or is it that they mentioned the LDV and Col Ewe and somebody said "when they draw Southend it'll be Bye"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Sep. 14 2005,12:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Sep. 14 2005,11:55)]How come they got a bye? Why should they? Why dont last seasons Area finalists get byes?
Exactly.

Mind you are we sure that Col Ewe got a Bye, or is it that they mentioned the LDV and Col Ewe and somebody said "when they draw Southend it'll be Bye"
Agreed - there should be some incentive for success in the competition, after all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Sep. 14 2005,12:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Sep. 14 2005,12:11)]
[b said:
Exactly.

Agreed - there should be some incentive for success in the competition, after all.
Spot on.

It's not as if there isn't a precedent.

Why not have the previous season's area finalists earning the byes? A potential problem is that those teams won't necessarily be in the LDV at all next season.

So why not the two highest placed teams in League One the season before?

A random draw for byes cheapens what is already a tin-pot competition. And I say that still proud we've made the last 2 finals. Remember the uproar when Darlington (I think) almost got a bye against Man U the year they (Man U, not Darlington, for you pedants out there) were playing in the World Club Cup and nearly withdrew from the FA Cup?

Personally my team for the LDV first leg would consist of Jay Smith,Bart,Petts and Freddy and the rest from reserves and youth.

Give em a taste of playing at the hall may inspire them on to first team contention and would be a useful exercise in getting the players fit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ Sep. 14 2005,11:50)]See the LDV is this Saturday on Soccer AM and 2 teams from each section got a bye to the 2nd Round
In the South it was COl.U and Walsall

Does anyone want us to try to win this year or would we prefer to get knocked out early and forget about it?
Yep come on Blues, 3rd time lucky.

This Competition is great for SUFC.

Lets go up through the play offs again and win the LDV.

To add an extra twist if this game would have been at Wembley this year would then anti-LDV people then have any change of heart?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ Sep. 14 2005,13:33)]To add an extra twist if this game would have been at Wembley this year would then anti-LDV people then have any change of heart?
Probably.

But it's not at Wembley.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Sep. 14 2005,13:18)]Personally my team for the LDV first leg would consist of Jay Smith,Bart,Petts and Freddy and the rest from reserves and youth.

Give em a taste of playing at the hall may inspire them on to first team contention and would be a useful exercise in getting the players fit.
Breach of Rule 24, I'm afraid !

Back