• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LDV Vans Trophy ~ Full Time

Final is on April 10th.

Get in there! We weren't brilliant tonight at all, but we were never going to do it the easy way. Who cares though?!?

Just fantastic to get back to Cardiff again. Well done lads!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

And I'm so looking forward to travelling the whole distance there and back with the Wrexham fans - they are my local club after all. I'm hoping that I won't want to hide my loyalties on the return journey; it would be much nicer to wave at the Wrexham fans with a degree of sympathy!
tounge.gif

Wonderful!  Pure bliss!  Nirvana!  Quite simply the best game I never went to!

Unemployed (at least until 2 weeks time) and unable to afford a ticket.  Hung around in the Shrimpers Bar, hoping that being quiet and discreet in the corner might afford me the chance to watch in on cctv.  Worked for about 5 minutes.

Ah, well, up to the corner of the East and South.  Obscured by a large MD advertising banner but no worries - positioned just under a hedge I could see the North Bank goal where Southend attacked in the first half.  I shared in the joy of Gray's strike - nice bit of opportunism.  Though I didn't see Rovers equaliser go in, you could see the attack in full flow coming down our right flank.

Second half I changed position, squatting on top of a barrier, where I could just make out the South Stand goal.  Looked to me like Fredy had blown it first of all.  I should've known better.  Paradise!

Eventually a kindly steward says 3 people have already left and I can come in if I stay quiet.  Fat chance of that!   First thing I see inside the ground is a stunning Rovers equaliser.

For the rest of the game I'm unable to move from my position between the South and East.  Rooted to the spot and shouting, pleading, threatening, praying, anything to make the time go by.

Full time.  The rush of emotions kick in.  Pride, joy, relief, disbelief all at the same time.  Press hacks are taking pics of everyone and everything around them, the players jubilantly celebrate around the Hall to a tumultous wall of noise.

Nights like this stay forever imprinted on your mind.  I wasn't there but I was there.  Believe me I wouldn't have missed this for the world.

What a night.  What a night!

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Mar. 08 2005,21:18)]Agogo equaliser!

WS

rock.gif
And what a stunner it was too. I got castigated by Leeboy for applauding it but I don't care, that was one helluva goal and set up a nailbiting finish, though in fairness it wasn't backs to the wall like last year.

Not the most composed display in the world but a great open game of football and a very good game I'm sure for neutrals. Prior got caught trying to be clever for their first btw.

Agogo was a handful all night.

Gray fully deserved m-o-m but it's worth mentioning Juppy and Eastwood above the others. Still, Cardiff here we come, that's if I can rebuild my shattered nerves.

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 08 2005,23:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Mar. 08 2005,21:18)]Agogo equaliser!

WS

rock.gif
And what a stunner it was too. I got castigated by Leeboy for applauding it but I don't care, that was one helluva goal and set up a nailbiting finish,
Quite right too, Orm, good football deserves to be applauded whichever team.

Well done lads!

There must have been more people than that though JS or the attendance of the full ground is wrong! the west was full! had to go into part of north! east was full except a few, upper full and south lower was busy!

Agogo's goal was the nuts but we were lucky with them hitting the bar from distance with keeper beat!

WELL DONE LADS

ANYONE GOT A LINK TO HOTELS PLZ!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ Mar. 08 2005,23:22)]Well done lads!

There must have been more people than that though JS or the attendance of the full ground is wrong!
I think you actually mean "capacity", Jack.

Let's not got down this road again, please. The official attendance has been given as 8,145 and it should be accepted as such. In any case, with only 404 Rovers fans making the trip, the North Stand must have had at least 2,500 seats free.

WS

Agogo's goal was so incredibly brilliant it was untrue.

I thought we played alright tonight and always looked as if we could score. Freddy showed what an abundance of talent he really has and some of his control and ball technique is awesome. Gray was superb, but it does make you wonder slightly just why he doesn't put that sort of pace and power performance in every game. Honourable mentions to Bentley and Maher as well.

Gower didn't look fully fit but he caused some problems in the first half, whilst despite working his socks off again, Pettefer once again had to be told continually to get forward and wide by Tilly and Brush. Lastly, Prior needs a big kick up the backside because he's getting very slack, shown off especially by their first goal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 08 2005,23:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ Mar. 08 2005,23:22)]Well done lads!

There must have been more people than that though JS or the attendance of the full ground is wrong!
I think you actually mean "capacity", Jack.

Let's not got down this road again, please. The official attendance has been given as 8,145 and it should be accepted as such. In any case, with only 404 Rovers fans making the trip, the North Stand must have had at least 2,500 seats free.

WS
The West was not full - the South Lower definitely wasn't full and there were gaps in the Upper - no probs with attendance methinks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 08 2005,23:38)]The West was not full - the South Lower definitely wasn't full and there were gaps in the Upper - no probs with attendance methinks.
Methinks the same, Smiffy old boy ...

WS

Barrett was a rock in defence tonight, MotM should have been shared between Gray, Eastwood & Barrett.

Can we say the C word now?
rock.gif
???

biggrin.gif

Just got back and I just have to say wooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Had a very surreal moment bumping into a bloke in Brighton town centre at 1am who also went to the game. What a match, well done lads!!

Night night
smile.gif

Back