• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

League Games

League Games - Best General Kick Off Times

• Friday - 7:45pm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday - 8:00pm

• Friday - 8:30pm

• Saturday - 12:00 noon

• Saturday - 3:00pm

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Saturday - 5:00pm

• Saturday - 7:00pm

• Other

• Don't care as long as Alderton is not in goal!

• Total voters
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Oct. 14 2004,11:59)]I love night games, so i'd go for Friday Night, probably 8.30 KO, as this will allow people from the city to get down in time.
Doesn't need to be that late. There's trains at 1804, 1816 and 1824 from Liv St that can get you to Roots Hall well in time for a 1945 kick-off.

Sunday footie? No thanks.

As Andy says, 3 or 4 Friday games a season is a good idea and still remains a 'novelty' factor throughout the season.

Kev

Sunday football would be a poor choice seeing as I play football on a sunday.

Interesting to see that as it stands Friday night football is winning 17 to 15 over saturdays. This has really suprised me as i thought Saturdays would have romped home.

Im in Favour of Friday nights and would love to see more, but as already posted i dont know if they would lose some of there magic if they were every week?

It has to be the 'ol saturday at 3:00, i mean where else, but The Hall would you want to be at that time, but i also feel that the friday night games, either 7:45 or 8:00 (no matter which) are fantastic, but i would not want it every week. We get bigger crowds on friday, but i dont think you would get the bigger crowds every friday if we had all 23 league home games then, so the odd few on a friday, maybe one every two months or something like that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Oct. 15 2004,09:25)]Im in Favour of Friday nights and would love to see more, but as already posted i dont know if they would lose some of there magic if they were every week?
I doubt it, in the old days they always used to be Friday nights. They were loved then and missed sorely now.

There are many advantages of it:

1. Bigger crowds
2. Gives us an advantage as not as many away fans to lift their teams.
3. Perfect start to the weekend!!

Saturday 3:15. The problem with Fridays is that if you want to watch Southend away (proper supporter
tounge.gif
) then it makes it impossible if you got stuff needs doing Friday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 15 2004,16:32)]3. Perfect start to the weekend!!
I can think back to a few Friday nights, trudging out of the North Bank (sniff, sniff) and thinking to myself, "what a terrible start to the weekend."

sad.gif

I loved Friday night games on the whole, but Saturdays feel empty without the footie.

Back