• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

League One - 09 - tough enough ?

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
it hit home how tough it is this year when even terrible Tranmere have John Barnes on board and high expectations - let alone all the well established League One names like Leeds United and Millwall and even blooming Swindon pretending they are going to compete -

I am actually still optimistic that we can get out of here - as our young talent will runs rings around the old lags (and as long as Tilly doesn't play Revell) but its certainly a lot harder looking than might have been expected -

who do you think wll be runners up ?

the fact that even though last season was poor... we still ended up chasing a playoff spot says it all. the league will be tighter than ever, but we have a club with success in this league. I wouldn't bet on going up, but T&B are the people to do it, and money definitely doesn't buy success in this league

john barnes is a gash manager and well worth a punt for one of the first managerial casualties, anyone who can not do well in scotland with celtic is basically poop, leeds is a great example of big club with big funds not being able to get to the promised land of the ccc, it will be pretty tight no doubt..........cant wait for the season to start(couple of decent defenders and I still think we can sniff the play offs)

No.. The tougher the better.. Hopefully it will be a low scoring winner this season as well ...with lots of clubs within a few points of each other and no runaway leaders..

I don't think anyone other than us has got any real championship quality in their ranks. I'm thinking principally of Kevin Betsy of course.

Back