• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fascinating to see that Bury with the above signing have now made 17 close season signings, with 4 loanees. It will be interesting to see if they bring in any more???:omg:. They obviously like strikers as well , having brought in SEVEN, 3 via undisclosed fees. I see they were off to a winning start but will it last? Northampton who only brought in 11 new players so far didnt start so well, but it wouldnt surprise me to see them pick up a bit under Edinburgh still developing his trade as a Manager.
The other thing however that this puts completely to bed is the notion of just how tough and impossible it is to sign anybody in the current environment, given just 2 teams manage to sign 28 in reasonably quick order, an excuse we like to pump out on a regular basis. There is also considerable quality over quantity in the signings made. I still feel we are squad light as Kiernan, Hendrie, Ranger clearly, Turner, Wordsworth, eventually coker hopefully will take a time to be fit and up and running, The youngsters will maybe take a couple of years and need careful handling and will be inconsistent, so lets not raise the expectation bar to high on them either , Yearwood will get their eventually. So into the loan market asap Ron please , another striker, and at least one midfielder, easy peasy??

Just seen that Gary Roberts has been released by mutual consent by pompey. Stated earlier this week that we needed another attacking midfielder, last night proved it. Think he would be a perfect addition to come in and play when Wordsworth isn't fit.

Only 8 days to go and the transfer window closes !. I don't feel we have strengthened sufficiently at all to push for promotion, so look forward to seeing what business we do to address the small size of our squad and the lack of sufficient talent within it. we seem to have gone to the other extreme now of not getting talent and cover in via the loan system , so let's hope some younger talent arrives before it's too late. In a few weeks the football league will also likely decide to end the current transfer window system, so that NO transfers can be effected once the season starts, a plan supported by most Managers who see present arrangements as too disruptive.
However if this does come into force I hope there is someone with enough vision within the club to wake up to the reality and to start planning now and not leave us to consistently be the last league outfit to make a move for anyone?

Bury have just signed yet another 2 players, Brighton midfielder Rohan Ince & Jordan Williams (not our one) from Huddersfield.

Bury and Northampton have now signed 35 players between them in a relatively short period. just shows how tough it is ??
Not many shaky older personages either. Be interesting to see though how they gell. that's the key if you bring in a load

Back