• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
I’ve just lifted the table below off the BBC Football site. It is interesting that while we have been bemoaning our lack of goals/fire-power this season, we have not fared too badly in having two players in the top seven scorers list. In fact the combined total of our two scorers is only topped by Scunthorpe and Rochdale from the top seven sides in the division. Think what might have been if we had been more prolific earlier in the season. Hey ho.

League Two Top Scorers

Rank
Player Name
Team
Goals
Sam Winnall
Scunthorpe United
Scott Hogan
Rochdale
Reuben Reid
Plymouth Argyle
Byron Harrison
Cheltenham Town
Luke James
Hartlepool United
Rhys Murphy
Dagenham & Redbridge
John-Joe O'Toole
Bristol Rovers
Antoni Sarcevic
Fleetwood Town
Barry Corr
Southend United
Billy Kee
Burton Albion
Chris Zebroski
Newport County
Padraig Amond
Morecambe
Jamie Cureton
Cheltenham Town
Eoin Doyle
Chesterfield
Ian Henderson
Rochdale
Kevan Hurst
Southend United
Daniel Nardiello
Bury
Gary Roberts
Chesterfield
James Constable
Oxford United
Kevin Ellison
Morecambe
Wes Fletcher
York City
Kal Naismith
Accrington Stanley
David Syers
Scunthorpe United
Adam McGurk
Burton Albion
Peter Murphy
Accrington Stanley

Barry Corr has done fantastic recently, 7 in the last 13 is an excellent return.

Looking at that list Burton dont seemed to have a great goal scorer .So sunday could be between BARRY CORR and BILLY KEE .And wasnt it Billy Kee who was sent off at Burton when we played then in the leauge for a two footed tackle .

Looking at that list Burton dont seemed to have a great goal scorer .So sunday could be between BARRY CORR and BILLY KEE .And wasnt it Billy Kee who was sent off at Burton when we played then in the leauge for a two footed tackle .

It certainly was. So with a bit of luck he will do it again on Sunday and we will win 1-0, making the second leg a formality... Sometimes I scare myself with my naivety.

Ok, so we've got 2 in the top 18 then (as you have to at least count those equal with KH)

The list shows the top seven places. The fact that there is more than one player on the same amount of goals means they are listed in alphabetical order when equal.

The bottom line in this divsion is if you are a committed, well-driiled outfit that possess a player who can score 20 goals - you go up.

The list shows the top seven places. The fact that there is more than one player on the same amount of goals means they are listed in alphabetical order when equal.
There are 8 players with more goals than Barry Corr alone, so we have no players in the top 7.

Ok, so we've got 2 in the top 18 then (as you have to at least count those equal with KH)

Hurst is joint 12th, there are only 11 players who have scored more, so it doesnt matter there are others on the same amount as him, he and they are all 12th.

If you want to interpret that as 18 then thats a little negative!

There are 8 players with more goals than Barry Corr alone, so we have no players in the top 7.

The BBC created this list, not me. The rankings on the left hand side show the top seven rankings for Division 2. The fact that there is more than one name against each ranking is irrelevant to the fact that the list shows the top seven rankings. Barry Corr and Hurst both feature in the top 7 rankings.

The BBC created this list, not me. The rankings on the left hand side show the top seven rankings for Division 2. The fact that there is more than one name against each ranking is irrelevant to the fact that the list shows the top seven rankings. Barry Corr and Hurst both feature in the top 7 rankings.

Again its interpretation.

Normally when you have a table with a joint result the next one is skipped, so if you have a winner, 2 joint second, then the next one down is 4th, not 3rd.

Barry Corr scored the 4th highest amount of goals , however he is the joint 9th scorer as there are 8 players above him.

All depends on how you want to interpret the table, bottom line is we have two players with 11 and 13 goals, which is pretty good if you ask me.

Again its interpretation.

Normally when you have a table with a joint result the next one is skipped, so if you have a winner, 2 joint second, then the next one down is 4th, not 3rd.

Barry Corr scored the 4th highest amount of goals , however he is the joint 9th scorer as there are 8 players above him.

All depends on how you want to interpret the table, bottom line is we have two players with 11 and 13 goals, which is pretty good if you ask me.

Which is all I was really trying to point out!

Only three players scored more than 13 goals in the entire division? Jesus wept. :hilarious:

how does this table compare to the top scorers of recent years? i feel like there hasnt been as many goals scored this season by all teams, is that true?

Back