• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Least successful signing under new regime? (caveat: they're all legends)

SeldomSeenShrimper

Youth Team
No signing that KM and Co have signed has hit me with that sense of

"oh really? Surely we can do better than that?"

Aside from Sandat ... Who at the time I wasn't that impressed with but has proven me wrong

I've been excited about every player we have brought in and I struggle to think of any disappointments

Question time:

Who is Maher's least successful signing?

Just for fun as every single player to put on a Southend shirt in the last few years are cult heroes in my eyes ❤️

Aside from Sandat ... Who at the time I wasn't that impressed with but has proven me wrong

I've been excited about every player we have brought in and I struggle to think of any disappointments

Question time:

Just for fun as every single player to put on a Southend shirt in the last few years are cult heroes in my eyes ❤️
Is it a toss up between Mooney and Lomas ( the latter through absolutely no fault of his own, just the pure misery of the injuries the poor lad has suffered and we know hes a good player )

Question time:

in my opinion probably Mooney. He was our big marquee signing who promised so much but delivered so little.

Question time:

On the basis of the impact they have had on the pitch, the least successful would surely have to be Louis Lomas. Unfortunately injuries have meant his impact has been almost nil.

On the basis of the impact they have had on the pitch, the least successful would surely have to be Louis Lomas. Unfortunately injuries have meant his impact has been almost nil.
I think Maher has signed 17 players (including loans) who have started fewer games for him than Lomas.

(Would be a good question for a @Napster sporcle quiz)

Question time:

Considering what Kev, and the players he has signed during his tenure, have had to put up with, I feel a bit uneasy with that question.

Undoubtedly, some of his signings have been huge hits. But all of them have had to endure awful situations, and they all have nothing but my thanks and gratitude for what they’ve done for this Club. Especially the last 15/18/24 months.

I know football is all about opinions, and within the game there is absolutely no sentiment at all, but these players are heroes for what they’ve done for this football club and us fans.

With previous groups of players, I’ve been more than happy to say I rate this player, this player is useless etc but no so much with this group. Huge love for all of them.

Yes, size does seem to make a difference, we have often looked a bit too lightweight in recent seasons, the new signings should rectify that. We are looking good squad wise now the only weakness seems to be a lack of goals from central midfield players and still a big problem with no contribution goal wise from Kensdale and Taylor, not one between them all season, hopefully Crowther can be selected as he scores regularly from set pieces.
I think size and age was recognised by Kev and the team when he first took over if I remember rightly

Such a shame. Really feel for him. His SUFC career hasn't really started. He was a talented player they were going to work on and improve. Which was happening. It does sound as though he needs some sort of operation. The treatment given up til now, clearly isn't working.

A groin injury that needed an operation and now a hip injury that (possibly) needs an op. Got to feel for the young lad. I do hope we are now (Post Ron) giving and making available the best possible treatment and care for him.

Looks like we probably wont see him this season and with his contract up in the summer, you wonder if he will be given a new deal?...I hope he is and is allowed to prove himself.

Question time:

dan moonie

Back