• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Just tweeted by Chris Phillips!

Bizarre one, didn't see that coming!

Also Ellis Brown and Kane Farrell loaned to Witham Town, Jason Williams was loaned to Chelmsford City yesterday

Sad that Barney is a shadow of the player he once was. Very much doubt we'll see him in Southend colours again.

So if Brown and Williams are loaned out to a MUCH lower level, they should both get a least 20 goals in their 3 months loan spell, as they really are both the answer to the first team scoring problems in League two, but have only not played as PB is stubborn and useless.

Hope to see our strikers out on loan do well. Give them a bit of confidence.

"Sad that Barney is a shadow of the player he once was. Very much doubt we'll see him in Southend colours again."

I'm not sure I agree. Only seen him in a few games and he's either played on his own, or had balls pumped up in the air to him. Still works hard and has a nice touch. A loan spell with Stevenage may give him the match-time he needs, whilst we get a fresh young striker. Looks a good move by PB.

"Sad that Barney is a shadow of the player he once was. Very much doubt we'll see him in Southend colours again."

I'm not sure I agree. Only seen him in a few games and he's either played on his own, or had balls pumped up in the air to him. Still works hard and has a nice touch. A loan spell with Stevenage may give him the match-time he needs, whilst we get a fresh young striker. Looks a good move by PB.

He played up front alongside Corr last week, and although he worked hard I don't think he ever really looked like scoring. Has been a shadow of his former self in every game I've seen.

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 on Twitter 3 minutes ago

Brown: "This loan move is to get Lee match time and it most certainly is not the end of the road for him at Southend United.”

Also Ellis Brown and Kane Farrell loaned to Witham Town, Jason Williams was loaned to Chelmsford City yesterday
I admit I haven't seen them play that often but 3 and 2 levels below league 2 would seem to be about right for now.

PB has faith that our strikers will start producing the goods. Nonsense. Always was nonsense. He has cocked it up from before the start of the season by not having ample striker cover. Corr, Barney and Shaq 'cows butt missing with a banjo' Coulthirst, were never enough. We have lost a number of points because of this. When will PB react quickly when something needs changing?

Shouldn't we be giving him game time here? It's not as if any of the others deserve their place in the team. :facepalm:

He should have had game time ages ago but our exalted leader could not see that Shaq was a poor finisher game after game after game after game.... I hope LB goes off and scores a lorry load of goals and tells PB what a twit he has been.

Shouldn't we be giving him game time here? It's not as if any of the others deserve their place in the team. :facepalm:

He has had game time, he started 2 of the last 3 games and wasn't exactly setting the place alight (he's a striker and didn't manage to score). This is obviously directly linked to the signing of Elliot Lee on loan - good bit of business by Brown IMHO.

Good we have far too many strikers and most are bang average who wont get more than 5 goals in a season.

He has had game time, he started 2 of the last 3 games and wasn't exactly setting the place alight (he's a striker and didn't manage to score). This is obviously directly linked to the signing of Elliot Lee on loan - good bit of business by Brown IMHO.

He did not start enough games for it to be conclusive he would not find the net. I think he was looking close to finding some form but PB would not give him the opportunity afforded to the likes of Shaq. Yes the Shaq that was given a lot of starts and did nothing.

Not too sure what people have been watching but if anyone honestly thinks that Barnard has been provided with the necessary service in order to score goals then they are sorely mistaken!

Personally would rather have seen Coulthirst return to Spurs than Barnard leave on loan - he's done just as little. One jammy header from the edge of the box that he'll never do again. Only decent thing he did was his goal against Portsmouth. Hopefully Barnard goes to get back the confidence that Brown has drained out of him and show that he HAS still got it and is not a shadow of a player at only 30.

Back