• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Lee Barnard

Barney returning would be welcome, could the wage bill take him? are the showers/changing rooms up to the quantity of cosmetics and tanning products required? Barney back? yes please, always a hard worker.

Why on earth would he drop to League 2? He will have no problem getting into most League 1 teams and would start in the majority of them. I'd even imagine several Championship teams would want him.

Forward Barnard, 28, has been at the club since January 2010, joining on a free transfer from Southend. Defender Dickson, 25, spent much of last season on loan at Leyton Orient and has been with Southampton since June 2010.

Somebody needs to be doing some better research!

Why on earth would he drop to League 2? He will have no problem getting into most League 1 teams and would start in the majority of them. I'd even imagine several Championship teams would want him.

This. But I suppose there's no harm in dreaming. He wouldn't rush back to us anyway after those quotes from Ron Martin after he left.

Forward Barnard, 28, has been at the club since January 2010, joining on a free transfer from Southend. Defender Dickson, 25, spent much of last season on loan at Leyton Orient and has been with Southampton since June 2010.

Somebody needs to be doing some better research!

Or Barnard claimed breach of contract and did leave for nothing ?? :facepalm:

I assume by "leave for nothing" you mean "swap for Matt Paterson" which amounts to about the same thing

Have to agree. It would be delusional to think we could get him back at this moment in time. We couldnt afford 50% of the wages of what he would get offered elsewhere.

Barny signed new contract in 2011 keeping him at St Mary's until 2014. So his wages would be limiting for many teams. No wonder he is available on a "free".

Always liked Barnard mainly as i used too win a fair bit on him as a first goalscorer !

Scored the qualiser for Bournemouth against Pompey yesterday, so already on his way to being a crowd favourite, and no doubt pleased Saints fans too! Barney rose up to nod home a Simon Francis cross - those were the days :winking:

Back