• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LEE CROFT

Maisie Shrimper

First XI
Spoke to the steward after the game, Lee Croft got reported for his finger show at the East Blues this evening after comming off.

Can't beleive the w%&ker thought he would get away with it.

I've also penned a letter to Norwich, as I am disgusted. I took my 8 year old cousin along with me, and its not what i want him to see!!!!

I see it. What a helmet he thought he was funny. How cool did he think he was when the steward told him to stop it and he was sitting down on the floor doing it behind his back. Shame he didnt come out after the final whistle
tounge.gif

Total p%&*k!! Bet he didnt look like such a smug c%&t after the final whistle!!

Saw Spooner go and speak to him too so hopefully if enough people have a moan he'll get reported to the FA!!!

How is it that Mark Gower scoring the winning goal in injury time to mark a remakrable comeback taking his hsirt off at the opposite end to the away fans is inciting the crowd when some jumped up little t%$$&r gesticulating at home fans for five minutes is allowed to happen for so long.

Already written to NCFC to complain, what a P*** But Mr Croft, using some more of your fingers, what was the final score?
mad.gif

This is the e-mail I am sending to the club. I will also be preparing a letter. As I have said somewhere else, once or twice is part of banter but even that is pushing the boundaries. To go as far as he did is both childish and dangerous given the pressure cooker state of the game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I am writing to complain about the behaviour of Lee Croft in the match against Southend United this evening (12/9/06). On the pitch, Lee seemed to be exemplary, however, I took particular offence to the way in which he deliberately incited the crowd for a prolonged spell. Lee was warned about his behaviour by a steward but continued to gesticulate to the crowd in both an obscene and offensive manner.

I understand that our stewards have made official reports on this and I trust that you will deal with him in an appropriate manner. I would also expect an apology for his behaviour.

Personally I dont mind a bit of that, gets the crowd going..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SARF @ Sep. 13 2006,07:44)]Personally I dont mind a bit of that, gets the crowd going..
I dont think anyone minds a bit of that but Croft was not entering into a bit of banter, he appeared quite nasty with it and is lucky he didn't get lumped!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MC BLUES @ Sep. 13 2006,08:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SARF @ Sep. 13 2006,07:44)]Personally I dont mind a bit of that, gets the crowd going..
I dont think anyone minds a bit of that but Croft was not entering into a bit of banter, he appeared quite nasty with it and is lucky he didn't get lumped!
I wouldn't have minded that either
wink.gif

While it is unprofessional for a player to do that, it is somewhat double standards a feel when fans abuse/swear/gesture at opposing players over 90 mins yet a bit comes back its "ohhh I am going to tell teacher"

No I dont like it but unless fans clean up their act how can we take any complaints seriously

[b said:
But this was incitement and ends up with fans getting wound up and in trouble themselves. To do it once, okay, but to continue to do after being asked not too well..........
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 12 2006,23:10)]How is it that Mark Gower scoring the winning goal in injury time to mark a remakrable comeback taking his hsirt off at the opposite end to the away fans is inciting the crowd when some jumped up little t%$$&r gesticulating at home fans for five minutes is allowed to happen for so long.
It is not a question of Gower inciting the crowd, refs are instructed to book a player who takes his shirt off, Mr Rennie had no other course of action.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (IANichols @ Sep. 13 2006,08:11)]While it is unprofessional for a player to do that, it is somewhat double standards a feel when fans abuse/swear/gesture at opposing players over 90 mins yet a bit comes back its "ohhh I am going to tell teacher"

No I dont like it but unless fans clean up their act how can we take any complaints seriously
players are supposed to be role models for younger children, and East Blues has quite a few young children

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maisie Shrimper @ Sep. 12 2006,22:42)]Spoke to the steward after the game, Lee Croft got reported for his finger show at the East Blues this evening after comming off.

Can't beleive the w%&ker thought he would get away with it.

I've also penned a letter to Norwich, as I am disgusted. I took my 8 year old cousin along with me, and its not what i want him to see!!!!
Bet you gave him the finger back
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maisie Shrimper @ Sep. 13 2006,10:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (IANichols @ Sep. 13 2006,08:11)]While it is unprofessional for a player to do that, it is somewhat double standards a feel when fans abuse/swear/gesture at opposing players over 90 mins yet a bit comes back its "ohhh I am going to tell teacher"

players are supposed to be role models for younger children, and East Blues has quite a few young children
Couldnt agree more about pro's being role models but would you ever complain to SUFC about the four letter words being shouted by home fans around you or giving an opposing player two fingers/w*nker

Believe me I think its wrong that everyone does it fans & players but I just feel fans have double standards at times in these matters

I agree IANichols, i see many fans who sit with their own or near somebody elses' children who throughout the game swear and throw abuse at any opposing player that comes near them. Do they consider the delicate inpressionable children around them then? NO

You can't abuse someone, footballer or not, for a considerable chunk of 90 minutes and then start crying and telling teacher when they do something that is probably less offensive back!

Unfortunately, usually normal and well behaved people seem to turn into neandathal man as soon as they get through a football ground turnstile
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 13 2006,08:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 12 2006,23:10)]How is it that Mark Gower scoring the winning goal in injury time to mark a remakrable comeback taking his hsirt off at the opposite end to the away fans is inciting the crowd when some jumped up little t%$$&r gesticulating at home fans for five minutes is allowed to happen for so long.
It is not a question of Gower inciting the crowd, refs are instructed to book a player who takes his shirt off, Mr Rennie had no other course of action.
Agreed, such are the laws of the game. But that is a recently brought in law and the reason it is a bookable offence is that it is deemed to be inciting the crowd. Hence my point.

I am not condoning this act by croft but how can anyone have a go at him for not being a role model to kids and showing the two finger salute to home fans when they are calling him a w****r and p***k in their posts! talk about double standards! maisie shrimper, you say you don't want to let your young cousin see abusive gestures when you have just called croft a w****r! i think it is disgraceful that any football player should intice the opposition fans but for those who are having a go at him just think twice about what you yourself do!

I noticed a few misiles aimed at croft, but in all honesty the abuse he got was in gest. It was basically "your not famous any more" and he responded with ****** signs the two finger salute and a few others and deserved the abuse he got after

Back