• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Lee Sawyer.

DTS

The Business
Morning,

Just thinking back to the wonder that is Lee Sawyer and wondering what the chances are of us getting him. My CFC mate told me last night at football that Chelsea are planning a cull of fringe players.

Assuming that Ancelotti is going to want to bring in a few stars himself just wondering where that leaves us?

I cant see Sawyer getting a championship club just yet after the way he kind of bombed at Coventry. As a local lad and a Dad got to be a decent chance he is going to want to stay locally to his Essex base and surely as League One sides go we must be up there based on the fact he knows Tilson, The players and is liked by the fans plus we must have a reasonable chance doing well next season.

My only worry is Wycombe who are on the up at the moment. I worry that having tasted sucsess there and as Peter "The *******" Taylor seems to spend his whole life ****ing us over he might just nick him.

I also imgaine the thought of traning with Harrold,Hunt and Leon Johnson would be a massive draw leaving Sawyer star struck.

Thoughts?

Question still stands though. As DtS says, we seem to tick all the boxes, except possible funding.

He's not on a free as we once thought is he?

Indeed. If they release him, which they are very likely to do, then he'd be on a free. Just like Anthony Grant was last summer.

Gosh, don't want to get my hopes up too much, but creative central midfield problems solved at a stroke! I only saw him once last season, due to expense involved in moving and working a lot of Saturdays at the end of last year, but he really stood out as someone who could put his foot on the ball and use it intelligently. They were difficult conditions as well (at Yeovil) but he was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch in terms of quality...

We can just hope I guess. Would certainly add much needed quality to the ranks.
If as Dave suggests, it came down to a battle between us and Wycombe then I certainly hope we would pay higher wages than them which is ultimately what it comes down to. Also I expect that we would do better than them this year, we have a superior manager for a start!

I also imgaine the thought of traning with Harrold,Hunt and Leon Johnson would be a massive draw leaving Sawyer star struck.

I hear Harrold's agent has been distributing a brochure around Premier League clubs conveying how great he is, similar to Michael Owen this summer. If the Prince does in fact replace Carlos Tevez at Man U however, Sawyer is ours surely*.

*Watch him go to Exeter now on deadline day :puke

I've got a feeling we might get Sawyer, probably thanks to his poor showing at Coventry. No doubt he & Chelsea are stalling to see what else comes along but as there's been no rumours yet that suggests to me he's not flooded with options..

I also wouldn't rule out Dervette on a long term loan (now someone's bound to tell me he's already signed somewhere else..). T&B have said they're working on 2 or 3 loan signings from prem clubs, so why not Dervette, and maybe Sawyer if Chelsea don't want to release him?

I've got a feeling we might get Sawyer, probably thanks to his poor showing at Coventry. No doubt he & Chelsea are stalling to see what else comes along but as there's been no rumours yet that suggests to me he's not flooded with options..

I also wouldn't rule out Dervette on a long term loan (now someone's bound to tell me he's already signed somewhere else..). T&B have said they're working on 2 or 3 loan signings from prem clubs, so why not Dervette, and maybe Sawyer if Chelsea don't want to release him?

Nice idea re Dorian but sure I read a quote that Harry Redknapp was going to sell him with a decent french side quoted as interested.

I didn't realise that Lens had been relegated in 07-08... but, as the article says, Les Sang et Or are a big club in France, and as much as I love the Shrimpers, I'd have to concede that we're not in their league in terms of money, prestige or gates. They play in a 41,000-seater stadium, had average gates of just under 30,000 last season (in Ligue 2) and of 34,600 in Ligue 1 the season before, when they were relegated.

If they're serious about Dorian, then it's game over for us, sadly.

:'(

It's just all gone quiet on the Sawyer front! How long ago was it that the article was on the OS that said Tilly was definatly interested in bringing him back to Roots Hall?

It's just all gone quiet on the Sawyer front! How long ago was it that the article was on the OS that said Tilly was definatly interested in bringing him back to Roots Hall?

I didn't think there was, in fact I thought Tilly was quoted as saying Sawyer wan't on his radar.

Back