• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Leeds Away

John Cena

Coach
Well where do I start, we have massive injury problems and I really can't even think who will start and the team Tilly will put out. Someone got any ideas who he might put out?

I'm just praying we don't do too much damage to our worsening goal difference. It could yet be a factor.

Anything out of this game would be a massive bonus. I have already taken it out the equations to be honest.

Brentford and Brighton are the games we simply have to take 6 points from next week. Anything less, then it really is all over bar the shouting.

Team sort of picks itself I guess:

.............Mildy
Sankofa Barrett Baldwin Herd
Franno Grant JFC Laurent
.....Vernon....Paterson

I can't see Tilly sticking O'Keefe or Crawford in and M'Voto and Malone are hardly inspiring options.

I would take a draw, but to be honest they beat Yeovil the other week and I really think this is going to be a spanking. We got beaten 3-0 by Gillingham who are a poor side, Leeds are a class side and if their strikers are on song we are in for a drubbing.

Saw Leeds against Yeovil and they created a lot of chances especially from set pieces but did look vulnerable when put under pressure. Sadly we are totally devoid of any creativity so cannot see us putting Leeds under any pressure and it is a case of backs to walls and try and keep them to a 0-0. They have 2 good wingers in Gradel and Snodgrass so I would maybe double up on the left with Herd and Malone (despite his woeful performance vs Yeovil). Think it will be very much a case of the Alamo and hoping Mildey has an inspired game but sadly can only see a very heavy defeat which wont help our goal difference which is only worsened by Tranmere I beleive.

I saw Leeds against Yeovil, and they were on a different planet to us. Their players have got the bit between their teeth and were all giving 100% (unlike us). Although playing away from home, they had 21 shots at goal, 14 on target. That's more than we can do in 3 Home games put together. They also have Beckford. The only weakness they had was they suddenly got jittery and played hoofball after Yeovil scored an undeserved goal, because they knew they should have been about 4 or 5 goals clear.

As for our side, we are a very poor side, we have a leaky defence, we have a very weak midfield that is defensive and doesn't create and we still don't have a propper goalscorer. Sometimes we look like we could play for 3 hours without scoring. Bad mistakes are happening all over the pitch, we are full of very inconsistent players (like Vernon) and players that are playing terrible every game now (like the French). We are very low in confidence and some are not up for the fight for one reason or another.

So even a point against them will be a major achievement.

Cant see us losing as in a drubbing, we have peformed well against the teams going for promotion like Norwich and Charlton away from home.

Would like to see O Keefe get a run in the side.... not like he could do any worse.

So 2-0 defeat

Mildy

Francis Barrett Baldwin Herd

Laurent Christophe Grant O Keefe

Paterson Vernon

Please dont put me off. I've already got my tickets :-S

Only joking....ill be there!

Suppose one good thing about it is im not expecting a lot so if we come away with nothing i won't be too depressed. Ill be happy if we put in a good effort.

Team sort of picks itself I guess:

.............Mildy
Sankofa Barrett Baldwin Herd
Franno Grant JFC Laurent
.....Vernon....Paterson

I can't see Tilly sticking O'Keefe or Crawford in and M'Voto and Malone are hardly inspiring options.

I don't think we can afford the luxury of playing Laurent in this game. It's a case of damage limitation and just hoping we get lucky and nick a goal or two from set pieces so we need 110% from all 11 players. O'Keefe would be my choice - he's a neat tidy player who does the basics well and would give young Herd more protection than Laurent or even Malone.

Much respect for anyone making the trip. I can't see anything here but a big spanking. Perhaps playing the league's "big boys" will give them some fire in their bellies and we'll grab a sneaky point or three.

Cant see us losing as in a drubbing, we have peformed well against the teams going for promotion like Norwich and Charlton away from home.

Would like to see O Keefe get a run in the side.... not like he could do any worse.

So 2-0 defeat

Mildy

Laurent Christophe Grant O Keefe
Paterson Vernon

These are the main problem area's. We need these guys to step up massively to get something from this game.

I imagine it'll be the same team from Gillingham with Paterson instead of Spencer (plus only 4/5 subs). Would love to see O'Keefe instead of Laurent though. Like Smiffy, I'm just hoping our goal difference doesn't take a battering as I really can't see us getting anything. But you never know...

Stranger things have happened but you really can't see anything other than defeat.

I am going more in hope than expectation, anything from this game will be a bonus and right now I'd settle for a respectable 1-0 defeat.
I would go with following starting line up

Mildy
O'Keeffe Grant JFC Malone
Vernon Paterson

Going Saturday, figured that we might as well enjoy watching the Blues play in decent Stadia whilst we still can. We've been spoilt a bit lately, but next year and probably the 2 or 3 after that whilst we recover from Ron's vision, the best we'll have to look forward to is Bradford.

That said having seen us concede 7 in our last two away, maybe I should reconsider!

Back