• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leeds..How many points will they get back??

Leeds...How Mnay points will they get back

• Total voters

Aberdeen Shrimper

Can Leeds Knock Southend out of a Play off Position?

With the arbitration hearing due to start today in to the deduction of there 15 points....and the result being publicly announced Friday night/Saturday morning

What do you think the outcome will be??

Personally, I have a bad feeling that they will get 5 points back but i hope i am completely wrong obviously.

Last edited:
Personally, I have a bad feeling that they will get 5 points back but i hope i am completely wrong obviously.
I think you're right. The other teams that went into administration have been deducted 10 points, I think they will level the field. I don't think they should. Everyone has played the season knowing about the 15 point deduction to give any or all of them back now would be unfair to the rest of the league.
If points were going to be given back it should have happened in September not when promotion is at stake.

It will be 5 points.
Enough to cement Leeds' playoff place but does little enough to offend the rest of L1 (fate determined it would be us affected the most).

At least with results last night we only get bumped to 6th & it would take a monumental SUFC end of season ****-up to blow those playoffs now!

It will be 5 points.
Enough to cement Leeds' playoff place but does little enough to offend the rest of L1 (fate determined it would be us affected the most).

At least with results last night we only get bumped to 6th & it would take a monumental SUFC end of season ****-up to blow those playoffs now!

Would that be Walsall scoring 5 goals in the next 3 games and gaining 9 points with us not getting any points out of the next 3 games??

Loads of permutations regards the GD but i can not relax at all until 4:45 pm on Saturday when we take all 3 point from Carlisle.

I really do not see any grounds for giving Leeds even one point back. They signed a legally binding agreement to accept the 15 points reduction in exchange for receiving their golden share in the League. If they now choose to go back on one part of this agreement, then the FA should push to rescind the whole agreement. That means, no place in the League for Leeds.

Also, as I understand it, the fifteen points wasn't for going into administration, so there is no comparing this with other teams who have been docked 'only' 10 points. The points deduction, which Leeds accepted, is for a different offence.

I'm sure the final decision is going to be a political one, but thankfully, it won't be the FA making the decision.

I think as a few have said ...if they were going to get anything back it should of been at the start of the season, not now....They deserve nothing as quite simply they are cheating Northern Scum...:madman:

*And Breathe*

Can Leeds Knock Southend out of a Play off Position?

With the arbitration hearing due to start today in to the deduction of there 15 points....and the result being publicly announced Friday night/Saturday morning

What do you think the outcome will be??

It does not matter what Leeds get back, we only need one point . Only Walsall and Brighton can actually knock us out of the playoff's !!

Bring on the point and quite frankly I dont care what happens to Leeds !!!

I've gone with a vote from the heart ... so no points back for the filthy northern monkeys !!!

Personally I want them to get all their points back (although I don't believe they deserve to) because they will probably then finish second and us 6th. That would mean we play Carlisle in the play offs instead of Forest.

I'm not saying that Carlisle are a poorer team than Leeds, I just believe a trip to Brunton Park is less daunting than a trip to the City Ground.

Personally I want them to get all their points back (although I don't believe they deserve to) because they will probably then finish second and us 6th. That would mean we play Carlisle in the play offs instead of Forest.

I'm not saying that Carlisle are a poorer team than Leeds, I just believe a trip to Brunton Park is less daunting than a trip to the City Ground.

Let's take a view on that after Saturday?

Think they'll get 5 back. Think they deserve none!

Also, I thought the decision was announced today.

As I have stated on another thread -

They won't get 5 back... they'll either get them all back or none back.

As I understand it the issue isn't the number of points deducted... it is whether it was legal to deduct any because there was an document Leeds had to sign "under duress" which may affect the actual legality of it.

If it's found that it isn't legal then they'll get all the points back - simple as that really.

Nope, not unless they heard both sides of the legal arguments in double quick time. I'd like to think we'll know either way by the weekend though.

By all accounts Millwall don't want the announcement made until after their game with dirty Leeds on Saturady. In case it incites Leeds fans. Millwall worried about other fans rioting, blimey, I've heard it all now.:stunned:

I hope they delay the hearing untill the end of the season hoping that Leeds finish 6th but 16 points behind 2nd.. Then I hope Leeds finish 7th 14 points behind second thus giving the Legue the worst of all worlds

Back