• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leicester Owners Helicopter

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Has crashed outside their stadium.

Doesn’t look good, it’s unclear who is on board. Thoughts and hopes with all on board.

It came up on my news feed and looking at some of the pictures put up on Sky news looks terrible.
Fortunately, it was an hour after the game so thankfully most of the crowd had dispersed and it would seem it was only the people in the helicopter nevertheless still tragic as they were someone’s dad, brother, husband, wife etc.

How sad that some headlines are calling it the PL helicopter crash.

It’s a dsaster for a family and surviving relatives. A shocking day for Leicester City.

But don’t the rest of us football clubs and their fans count.

Sky sources saying that Leicester City owner was on board the helicopter. RIP, thoughts to his family. A sad weekend in the footballing world.

According to the BBC website it’s been confirmed that Leicester owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha was on the helicopter

Very sad and tragic news

Strong rumours (and I stress that is all they are, and I hope that stay that way) are that Gareth Southgate was onboard. Claude Puel also.

Confirmed they wasn't onboard. Someone always tries to be clever and speculates that they may be on board just because previously they had ridden in that helicopter, and starts a not very nice rumour. Also, lots of sickening tweets by rival fans on twitter regarding the tragic helicopter crash and Glen Hoddle, who is fighting for his life. What's wrong with people? I hate Col U, but I wouldn't want this sort of thing to happen to anyone to do with their club now or in the past.

I guess there’s no real rules for this. But at London Hospital they have their own Firefighters on duty when the Helicopter takes off and lands.

I have had to attend the Royal Orthopaedic in Stanmore to set up with Foam equipment etc. On their front lawn, as they didn’t have a proper landing place. When they occasionally flew a patient direct, after being rescued in one of those big yellow Sea King helicopters they use.

First thing I thought on hearing it had caught fire on impact - no hope. Any aircraft taking off will, like our cars, have fuel for the journey. Avgas (Aviation Gasoline) is as flammable as petrol (near enough). Horrible event, just horrible.

I used to work at the refinery and we had all sorts of fire training, one guy said "Fire is a ruthless predator and anyone can be prey. Even (pointing round the room) you, you, or you".
Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha wasn't just a football chairman; he put £millions into the community. All round top man.

Back