• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leke Odunsi

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
I was in the process of compiling a list of Ins and Outs, when I realised that I did not know what had happened with Leke Odunsi from last season.

Did he have to retire on medical grounds?

Any info welcomed.

Matt

Very sad for him. Sorry Leke - our best wishes to you, mate.

sad.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ July 20 2004,11:26)]Poor Leke, I was singing his praises before he joined us and it's a shame I never got to smugly say, I told you so. he was just getting into gear when the damge happened.

Good Luck leke.
It was typical that Leke was just settling into the team, and was having his best game for us against Huddersfield, and then he got done.  As were a couple of our players last season....

He served a mate of mine who was buying a suit. The mate in question does have a slightly offensive way of suggesting that all black guys "look the same." Time after time we'll be in the pub and he'll say "look there's Eddie Murphy...." or "isn't that the bloke from the Halifax ad?" I think Leke may just have been a similar mis-identification.
sad.gif

That is a shame. I really liked Leke. He had a never say die attitude. He always gave 100% and had a little bit of talent as well. He would have only been fourth choice centre midfield but if he never got injured perhaps we'd have never signed Bentley.

What actually was his injury? I know it was something to do with his ankle. As I understand the injury itself wasn't career ending injury (It proved to be in the end though) but he just never fully recovered. He kept breaking down on his comeback trail.

Wasn't Pettefer crocked Vs Huddersfield as well?

IIRC, in true SUFC physio mishap style Leke was being treated for completely the wrong injury and by the time they got it right it was too late.

Crocked last season - Husbands v Mansfield, Leke v HUddersfield, Jay Smith v Cambridge, Petts v Huddersfield. I seem to remember Nicolau got taken out as well in a game when he was having a stormer on the left wing.

Back