• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leon Brittan

What you call a 'bit of fondling' could be a life-changing event for an innocent child.

I think you should be a bit more careful about how you word these things - every time one of these historic abuse cases is revealed, one thing that's shocking is the long-term terrible effect that it's had on the victims.

Yes, OK, I understand what you're saying. I'm not claiming that any abuse is acceptable but we are talking about a completely different level of crime here. All I intended to say was, that it was easier to chase small offenders and bring them to justice than tackle those who are protected by privelege and power.

You can add to this list Joseph, Rhodes Boyson and probably a number of others. Happy days? For me, far from it, I'm afraid. These people have gone to their graves carrying their secrets with them and if they were guilty of any of the accusations being made, they, like Saville will have cheated punishment. That is why the pursuit of justice after their passing must be continued as vigorously as if they were still living. From what I have read Thatcher was aware and indeed warned about the behaviour of some of her colleagues but appears to have brushed it off by saying that she had some rather 'naughty' boys in her cabinet. This may have passed in the 1970's but it certainly doesn't stand up to the rigours of today's investigations and there are certainly questions that she would have needed to answer, if she were alive and well enough today.

yes,very,very true

Back