• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leon . C

I think he was the link that we have been missing recently, and if he can continue his form and skill of today we might have a new hero.

I hope Matt Harrold was watching... Everything you want from a Target Man and more.

Leon Clarke is not a target man he has said himself in the interview in the programme although people think he is he isnt he is more of the goal getter then the goal provider

Although never thought id ever say this Harrold was quality today! Collis did well with the little he had to do, maybe stick him in next few games push DF a bit. McCormack & Bailey also superb and black did well too, only down side Maher did all of fu£k all today IMO even when we scored 2-0 & 3-0 he just dazed around the centre circle

Last edited:
Harrold was superb today. Good to see that there are less of the blinkered views on here, although I've still seen some say he wasnt good enough. What does the lad have to do? I thought he was brilliant. Not the useless ginger lump everybody says he is.

only down side Maher did all of fu£k all today IMO even when we scored 2-0 & 3-0 he just dazed around the centre circle

Maher's main priority is to break up the play in the middle of the park and distribute it accordingly. He didn't do f*ck all because there was f*ck all to do... Lomas and Bentley were anonymous in the middle and hardly anything creative happened... Had a cracking strike hit the post.

As for Leon Clarke saying he's the Goal Scorer and not the provider, His goalscoring record is hardly gleaming (I know he's young) and he showed some great vision today in setting up our first 2 goals with cutting passes... Perhaps he should rethink his strengths :thump:

What does the lad have to do?

Score.

I'm not Harrold's greatest fan, but i'll admit he was good today in holding the ball up and bringing in the midfield... All i'll say is that I firmly believe MacDonald would've stuck away the 2 gilt edge oppurtunities Harrold was presented with today. He sticks just 1 of those away and he would've had a great game...

Thats what I don't agree with. I don't think that scoring a goal should be the difference between a great performance and an average performance. As we've seen, he doesn't need to be relied upon for goals, but he won so much in the air today, held it up well, and laid off some great passes. And I'm not so sure Macca could have scored both of those. One of them at a push. One of them, Harrold came in at quite an angle and could only take it on his right foot, his strongest one, due to his body position. With a goalkeeper coming out and making himself as big as Royce did too, I'm not sure even half of the world's greatest forwards would have put that one away.

I might as well stop defending on here. No-one will really see when he's put in a good performance. Too many people stubborn to change their cast-iron views on him.

yeah, really do like look of him
good touches, works well going forward, good vision and under
agree it was only one game but who was getting frustrated tilly had brought noone in?? .. he looks really good talent..

Funny, Leon Clarke played nothing like a target man. Won little in the air and dropped deep for most of the game. In his own words he isnt a target man.

Harrold played the target man role perfectly today winning flick ons time and time again (one of which Clarke almost scored from) and was constantly putting pressure on the centrebacks.

What does Harrold have to do to get recognition!

I agree. Oh, just missed England's 3rd whilst typing this!

leon has got some great skill. in particular in the second half when he got the ball on his chest then to his feet, faked the shot and set up another chance. not only is he a great finisher he is a good team player. he often tried to set other players up rather than going it alone when no one would have blamed him for having a go.

I agree, reminds me of our great Stanley. He's two footed got fantastic vission and awareness and looks to be a good character as well as all the lads seemed to like him and get on well with him. His pass for Baileys goal around the back and through the deffence was worth the addmission money itself and although I thought Harold had a good game today, if it had been him not Leon I would imagine the ball would have gone back into midfield rather than the perfect pass we witnessed.

Thats what I don't agree with. I don't think that scoring a goal should be the difference between a great performance and an average performance.

Indeed.

Leon Clarke only had one shot (overhead kick) and his goal.

If his lob had been a foot higher and over he still would have had a great game.

Contrary to what people say here strikers do not have to score to have a good game, although it helps if they do!

Back