• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

with john white signing as clohessey's replacement, where do people see Ryan Leonard postion in the side?

i would like to see him in midfield 3 again,

A shame He didn't play as much at the tail end of the season as statistics prove we actually fared better with him in the team than not. To be honest I'd say in the main he'll be a squad player but when he does play maybe he'd be better out wide. Sayin that slightly under-rated in the middle and did ok to get a goal from that position at Orient. Also posesses a good throw. But an excellent squad player.

right midfield for me, see him play in the centre and goes missing alot in the centre of the park for me, you never no tho, if he gets games in pre-season in the middle then he might improve in that position.

right midfield for me, see him play in the centre and goes missing alot in the centre of the park for me, you never no tho, if he gets games in pre-season in the middle then he might improve in that position.
This ^ hopefully he can develop the kind of understanding with White that he had with Clohessy.

Right midfield. I was disappointing when I read he would be playing RB as I think he'd be wasted there. He's got all the makings to be a very tidy midfielder.

He's still very young and most importantly, he's ours! Not some youngster we've got in on loan.

Ideally a squad player, but maybe just maybe a functional right midfielder who can certainly hold a good shape if not the most gifted/creative of players.

I wonder how different the responses would be if he came through our youth system. Think he can be a good midfielder and is still young.

I wonder how different the responses would be if he came through our youth system. Think he can be a good midfielder and is still young.

A very good point. If he'd come through the youth setup, he'd be the new messiah. We should also bear in mind he's one of the first Sturrock will want when he gets another job.

Hopefully warming his arse on the subs bench.
Barna Blue saying this should give the lad incentive enough to train and practice his skills hard like David Beckham did, reap Southend massive transfer fee with a sell on clause in the contract ,so when Real Madrid sign him from Man U we again get a nice fee thats sets out club up nicely , he then goes on to captain England to World Cup glory. Yes we can all dream.

Hopefully he is a starter for next season, no matter what ppl say Leonard was well underrated last season when he missed a number of games through injury we missed his work rate and long throws

is this the chap with the long throw - and who scored a couple of wonder goals in pre-season last year?

Back