• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Plenty of positivity and excitement
Posted: Fri 02 Aug 2013

Blues manager looks ahead to the club's first game of the 2013/14 season
Blues manager Phil Brown says the players are full of positivity and excitement ahead of the first game of the season against Plymouth Argyle at Roots Hall on Saturday.

Brown is just as excited about the prospect of the season getting underway, in what he describes as a ‘brand new environment’.

He said: “I’m really looking forward to the season getting underway. There’s 46 games ahead of us, a new campaign, a new regime, new players and totally new environment.

“I’m delighted to be manager of Southend United for this upcoming campaign and there’s a lot of positivity and excitement around the camp at the moment and that’s great to see.

“As the manager you’ve got to try and keep a lid on it until 3pm on Saturday when the referee gets the game started. Plymouth will be in the same boat along with everyone else in the division.”

Phil is expecting a tough test against John Sheridan’s side and expects them to play in a very similar way to Sheridan did as a player.

“I actually coached John when he was a player at Bolton and we had a very successful season, getting promoted to the Premier League,” said Phil.

“He was at the hub of that team in terms of passing and creativity and I expect he’ll want his team to play like that on Saturday and throughout the season.

“He wants football to be played in the right way. He’ll come with a strong attitude and belief that his team can win the game, but so will we.

“I think it will be the first of many tight games this season and it could well be decided by that little bit of luck or the way a certain decision goes.”

Brown has also urged as many Blues fans as possible to get down to Roots Hall for the game on Saturday, adding: “It’s an exciting time at the moment and I hope the Southend United fans come down on Saturday, enjoy the football we try to play and come back as many times as they can throughout the season.

“I walked around the stadium when it was empty the other day and it’s a proper football ground. When that is full, or even half full, then the noise and atmosphere will be something special.”

I thought I would let Phil Brown do the talking, as that should encourage more fans to turn up against Plymouth, and get right behind the team.

Good post, I like positive attitudes, and that is a positive post, what's more, this year we will get promoted as CHAMPIONS.

come on you BLUES.

Back