• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Level V

MrB

Life President
Have noticed my division (V.215) is now up to 48th out of 256 in the series strength table and that's with my bag of dross in it! It's been rising steadily every week, I'll be quite happy to drop out at the end of the season and hopefully promote back into a more amenable environment!

Had a quick look:

MtS - V.135 - 58th
Birri - V.151 - 160th
Bob C - V.192 - 194th
GNH - V.21 - 233rd

My team would be above average in GNH's division! That'll teach me to only just get promotion.

Not surprised about my division, all the good teams from the past 3 seasons seem to have either lost interest or been promoted. And the ones who have been promoted or demoted are not of a great level.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Feb. 25 2005,10:53)]Had a quick look:

MtS - V.135 - 58th
Holy moley... we used to be in the 180s. Thought things had got a lot tougher, recently...

wow.gif
down.gif

Looks like I have chosen the wrong time to rebuild my squad with me being in such an "easy" division. Although myself and last years league winners are both doing poorly this season so that may have affected the league rating
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GNH @ Feb. 25 2005,13:39)]Looks like I have chosen the wrong time to rebuild my squad with me being in such an "easy" division. Although myself and last years league winners are both doing poorly this season so that may have affected the league rating
tounge.gif
I'd say the chances are you can probably stay up and rebuild at the same time. Would be a good division to stay in if you can.

I see my old division (v.197) is 81st despite two of the better teams having apparently concentrated on the cup this season!

Does anyone know how promotion is worked out? Does the team with the best record in Div.VI go into the weakest or strongest Div.V?

Check this out.....

Promotion

Basically, the worst automatically promoted team replaces the worst relegated team.  This could mean they're in a tougher league than someone who finished in a better position than them but it's very subjective based on the standard of the team you replace.

This affected me as I was one of the worst teams automatically promoted to Level V and ended up in a very tough division, replaceing someone who lost all their games.  Therefore I'd like to pick up at least a couple of points before the season ends!  Though of course the winners of the toughest Level VI's will more than likely end up playing qualifiers which won't affect me anyway.

I just checked my league V.182 and it's 207 so I don't know why I'm struggling so much. Although a couple of days ago the team in third got reset and is now full of rubbish players. At least that's one team I should be able to beat - I just hope it'll not be too difficult to catch up with them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcrabb @ Mar. 01 2005,13:09)]I just checked my league V.182 and it's 207 so I don't know why I'm struggling so much. Although a couple of days ago the team in third got reset and is now full of rubbish players. At least that's one team I should be able to beat - I just hope it'll not be too difficult to catch up with them.
Oh how I wish one of the teams in my league would be reset! Sadly I checked and they all log on pretty much every day, boo!

I am surprised how well the team who are top of V.151 are doing and how the team who dropped from IV and the team who finished 2nd are not doing as well. I looked at the TSI of all the players and the team who are top are roughly the same as me the oter two have some serious players yet the league is very hit & miss so fare after 4 games.

Back