• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lewis Hunt

Xàbia Shrimper

Co-founder of ShrimperZone
... as he made his 100th senior appearance yesterday at Bristol City. (Derby County 8+5 apps, Southend United 76+11 apps).

WS

Top stuff Lewis.
smile.gif

and it was also a superb blocking tackle from Lewis on the half way line that led to gutts shot which set up our first yesterday.

well done lewis

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Oct. 30 2005,13:31)]as a proud sponsor of lewis hunt

well done lewis

sufc's number 1 right back
I echo those sentiments, also being a proud sponsor.

If anybody out there is still believing Juppy should be in the side at Lewis's expense, they need to have a word with themselves.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Draft Shrimper @ Oct. 30 2005,18:15)]
[b said:

well done lewis

If anybody out there is still believing Juppy should be in the side at Lewis's expense, they need to have a word with themselves.  
wink.gif
just had a word, and i agree
tounge.gif

[b said:
[b said:

well done lewis

wink.gif
Has made himself the number one right-back again this season.

Juppy is a good player, and brings something better going forward (Lewis wouldn't have scored the second goal in the play off final) but Hunt is far and away the better defender.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 31 2005,05:01)]Kepp an eye on here to see if he mentions the milestone appearance ...

WS
Well, I just sent him the following message via his website...

<span style='color:blue'>Dear Lewis,

As a Southend fan I wanted to congratulate you:

1. on making the right-back berth your own - I genuinely believe you're the best right back we've had at our club since Dean Austin left us to become the right back at Spurs; and

2. on making your 100th senior appearance against Bristol City last Saturday. By our calculations, you made 13 senior appearances for Derby County (8+5 apps), and you have now made 87 appearances for Southend United (76+11 apps).

What a way to bring up your 100th senior appearance! A clean-sheet, a 3-0 win away at Bristol City - one of the biggest sides in the division - and Southend going two points clear at the top of the league. Does it get much better than that?!

Lewis - we're very proud of your achievements, and we're chuffed that you have gone from strength to strength as our right back. Congratulations on your first century and keep up the good work - here's hoping that your next 100 games bring you & Southend United even more success!

Kind regards & up the Blues!

Matt</span>

Think he should change his picture on the home page - after all he is a Shrimper not a Ram&#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Oct. 30 2005,20:35)]
[b said:
[b said:

well done lewis

wink.gif
Has made himself the number one right-back again this season.

Juppy is a good player, and brings something better going forward (Lewis wouldn't have scored the second goal in the play off final) but Hunt is far and away the better defender.
To be fair Hunt has been getting forward this season and adding to the attack. He wasn't that far away from getting a goal against Tranmere or Oldham (can't remember which) when he chipped the keeper.

I think the difference is that Hunt knows more when he should go forward and when to stay back whereas Juppy just liked to go forward. Don't get me wrong, Juppy is a legend after Cardiff but for the moment he's good cover for right back when Hunt is injured.

Back