• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lewis Hunt

Ultility man.................is he the most improved player at sufc. didn't rate him at last season as i thought he looked lazy and sometimes not bothered. this season its a different story. made the right back position his own ahead of francis and rightly so. always getting forward and putting in crosses. seems to be always putting the effort in and has been consistant all season so far. defencively he has improved as well. tracking players, marking, and making good challenges etc.

well done to him and hope he keeps it up.

Yep, he was poor at the start of the season but has turned it around (maybe he read the comments on SZ) cos he has certainly improved a great deal. A pity he didnt work better with Black yesterday but would of said that was more Blacks problem than Hunts. I thought Hunt was the best defender on the pitch yesterday.

As you say, he is much better now than he was and that is evident by the number people saying that maybe Francis should play on the wing rather than replace Hunt at right back.

Pity we cant get more people to move for the ball when he takes a throw in. Its like playing statues sometimes!

Absolutely delighted for Mr Huntaldinho - really has shut up all the boo boys recently and from the games i have been to so far this season has done a good solid job. Much improved nowadays and fair play to him on working hard and making the right back spot his own.

When Black is playing on the right wing it goes a bit pear shaped on that side, as Tommy aint exactly the best at covering and carrying out his defensive duties. Doncaster in September springs to mind: anything that came down our right hand side caused havoc, and once Macca was shipped over to the right in the second half all was well again.

Well done Lewis mate ;)

i've always thought he was a fair player, nothing special but not deserving of some of the stick he gets on here. Very solid and dependable

I have always rated Lewis as a great team player. In the past when he has been dropped to the bench he has always got on with it and earned his place back in the team. Unlike a certain Mr. Gutteridge.

If I remember correctly he did not even make the squad for the first game of the season and has now seen off both Gilbert and Francis to claim the right back spot as his own. Not bad cover at left back either.

I've regularly criticised Hunt for his lack of application and endeavour while recognising that he is actually a decent talent. He's turned things around for me in the last few games. Lets hope he plays so well that he continues to keet Francis out of the team!

Back