• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Liam Feeney in / Ademeno out

He must have something about him otherwise Tilly and Brush wouldn't be signing someone from non-league. I trust them, but I think defence is our priority although we do now have more strength on the wings after Kanu's exit. Walker's not a winger so we now have 4 out and out wingers with this lad, Milsom, Betsy and Scannell. Can we please now have a defender for Christmas?

Heard it was part o,f the deal that brought Feeney to us on loan. Good experience for him tho.

Very disappointing. In the short amount of playing time he has had, he certainly hasn't done any worse than Betsy or Scannell.

As the management dont appear to have much confidence in Scannell at present, then maybe it would benefit to send him out on loan for a month or two?.

I think the problem is that Scannell doesn't have much confidence in himself. Every interview I've seen (or conversation overheard) he still sounds a little overawed with being at a league team. When players are asked in the summer what their goals are for the season, we really want to be hearing them talking about cementing their place in the side, or scoring goals. I've only ever heard Scannell talking about proving to everyone that he's good enough to be in the squad. The lad's got ability, he just needs to back that up with a bit more self-confidence and swagger...

Interesting signing. Just spoke to my mate, who is a Salisbury season ticket holder, says he is a really good player. Said he combines the speed of Neil Jenkins, the guile of Arnau Rieira and the sheer bravery of Tony Richards.

I'm more excited about this signing, then I was about some of our other signings.

Players like Milson, HRK, Feds have come out to get some games and aid their developement as players so don't particually need to shine for us as they will go back to their parent clubs and possibly out on loan again.

Players coming from non-league, like Feeney, would have dreamed of playing professional football and having a chance of that at someone like Southend surely means his gonna play out of his skin to earn a permenant move to us or another League Club.

Also, players that go on loan from non-league or lower divisions to teams in higher divisions usually have something about them and they tend to be the star play of the team they are leaving.

I'm pretty excited about this signing, fingers crossed he is gonna make the step up.

Also, Scannell has gone on loan to Brentford.

I'd rather he was gonna be playing 90 minutes out on loan, rather than having the odd 5 minute cameo at us.

I can only assume that the injured forwards are nearing full fitness hence why they have let this happen.

Laurent is back on Saturday, fingers crossed Barnard will be back. Revs should be fit and Freedman is still a week or so away. Ademeno probably wouldn't make the bench on Saturday if it wasn't the 7 sub rule.

What about Liam Feeney?

Everyone has forgotten we have this lad on a swap loan. Might be worth it. He seems eager enough!!!

Back