• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This morning a number of Southend United fans recieved letters from Essex Police HQ in Chelmsford stating that they are not allowed to travel in Europe while the Championships are on.

Of all the people i know have got them none have records for football incidents at all.

Who the f**k do them c**ts think they are bannig people on the grounds of suspician of causing aggro.
Didnt Saddam Hussain lock people of because he "thought" people were against him.
Isnt it human rights that we are at war about?

All these government ministers have so much double standards it makes me sick to the teeth.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ May 27 2004,13:49)]This morning a number of Southend United fans recieved letters from Essex Police HQ in Chelmsford stating that they are not allowed to travel in Europe while the Championships are on.

Of all the people i know have got them none have records for football incidents at all.

Who the f**k do them c**ts think they are bannig people on the grounds of suspician of causing aggro.
Didnt Saddam Hussain lock people of because he "thought" people were against him.

All these government ministers have so much double standards it makes me sick to the teeth.
mad.gif
Can I ask what these people have done then, to

a) be even heard of by Essex Police, and
b) be known to be a football supporter and therefore someone who may consider going to Euro 2004?

I'm not being sarcy, just interested how they have come to be written to if they are not known football hooligans?

Have they convictions for any "Public disorder" type offences ?

Its just that I seem to recall reading some months ago that banning orders were being extended (nationwide not just essex) to cover any type of Public order offences

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>True - but they&#39;ve got to try something. If you wanna blame someone, blame the ICF-wannabe on ITV news last night &quot;Personally, I want to watch the game, and kick off afterwards&quot;. What a tw*t.

It&#39;s people like him that prevent others by association.

Still, if they&#39;ve not got any record of football related violence, you really do have to wonder about the legality of it all.</span>

Tell em not to worry Barry. Everyone will be coming home after the group stage anyway. I&#39;ve looked at the entire English squad and beyond Owen can anyone else name a world class player in the squad ? Lampard has the potential to be one, other than that if I was a Swiss or Croatian I&#39;d be confident of qualifaction to the knock-out stage.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 27 2004,14:01)]Tell em not to worry Barry. Everyone will be coming home after the group stage anyway. I&#39;ve looked at the entire English squad and beyond Owen can anyone else name a world class player in the squad ? Lampard has the potential to be one, other than that if I was a Swiss or Croatian I&#39;d be confident of qualifaction to the knock-out stage.
I think you would have to concede that both Gerrard and Beckham are world class&#33; I&#39;d say better than Owen at this current moment&#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 27 2004,13:54)]Have they  convictions for any "Public disorder" type offences ?

Its just that I seem to recall reading some months ago that  banning orders were being extended (nationwide not just essex) to cover any type of Public order offences
No public order offences at all or any violence.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 27 2004,13:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ May 27 2004,13:49)]This morning a number of Southend United fans recieved letters from Essex Police HQ in Chelmsford stating that they are not allowed to travel in Europe while the Championships are on.

Didnt Saddam Hussain lock people of because he &quot;thought&quot; people were against him.

mad.gif
Can I ask what these people have done then, to

a) be even heard of by Essex Police, and
b) be known to be a football supporter and therefore someone who may consider going to Euro 2004?

I&#39;m not being sarcy, just interested how they have come to be written to if they are not known football hooligans?
If i knew that i wouldnt be on here moaning would i.

The Police have got too be seen doing things for the euros and they are doing it the wrong way.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ May 27 2004,14:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 27 2004,13:54)]Have they  convictions for any "Public disorder" type offences ?

Its just that I seem to recall reading some months ago that  banning orders were being extended (nationwide not just essex) to cover any type of Public order offences
No public order offences at all or any violence.
Then I too wonder how the OB got their names and addresses

Hilarious, maybe they&#39;ve taken this action as part of the Govt&#39;s war on terror, your mates are clearly a threat to the Western World. Careful Barry or you &amp; your chums will end up in Guantanamo Bay...&#33;

My advice to any wannabe hoolies would be to join the US Marines and get posted to Iraq. You&#39;ll be able to fight, kill, torture and maim people with impunity. It&#39;s a gov&#39;t backed scheme and you get paid for it as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 27 2004,14:01)]Tell em not to worry Barry. Everyone will be coming home after the group stage anyway. I&#39;ve looked at the entire English squad and beyond Owen can anyone else name a world class player in the squad ? Lampard has the potential to be one, other than that if I was a Swiss or Croatian I&#39;d be confident of qualifaction to the knock-out stage.
we dont need world class players, european class will do&#33; it is euro 2004 after all&#33;

Beckham, world class ? I&#39;ll respond to that when I&#39;ve stopped laughing. I&#39;m afraid you&#39;ve been sucked into the Beckham PR machine my friend. The PR machine is starting to run dry of ideas though. So far they&#39;ve worked on Beckham the footballer, Posh Spice the singer, the Beckhams, the I slept with David b******s. I predict a major story spread over the next 3-4 months about Victoria, my drugs shame.

Lampard, I have no doubt will turn into a world class midfielder, and richly deserves all the rewards that come his way.

As far as im aware only two banning orders that were issued after the Colchester pre-season (friendly&#33;&#33;?) were upheld. One for previous and the other uncontested. There has been no incidents at Roots Hall last season of any note and both the LDV semi final legs passed off with no trouble (jump in anytime fbm)

With all that in mind in does seem a little strange that Essex Police have issued banning orders to prevent Southend fans from travelling. I know for a fact that Barry was hob-knobbing around the globe when banning orders were handed out like confetti last August and quite a few others were given them outside the gate on a guilty by association basis (meaning the club didn&#39;t have our names and addresses and the police saw no reason to hand them out) That sort of points to jobsworth stewards who decided to take it upon themselves to be wannabe policemen for a day.

It&#39;s a matter of fact that over 20 of these banning orders were torn up with no case to answer after the club were approached to produce evidence, something they could not. The police only enforced one order on a particular chap and he was banned for one season (considering the season of woe we have just had I think he had the result) The other banning order that stood that I am aware off was not contested by the accused as he wanted to keep a low profile because of the impending Euro 2004 Championships.

Im not invovled anymore (too old, too slow and too busy) but I still have a drink with the lads when I bump into them. A few are known to the police but with only a few exceptions none have criminal records for anything, especially football related. Thats what makes these banning orders all the more baffling.

I would suggest that the local constabulary have been keeping regular tabs on the CS Crew web-site amongst other things and got a banning order issued on that basis. As far as I&#39;m aware you don&#39;t have to have had a previous conviction or banning order, but reasonable suspicion of something afoot. Perhaps some p.iss-taking comment or ill thought-out interview with the Echo has been taken too seriously by them?

Have a word with Spooner of the Hall. Everyone seems to have total respect for him and he&#39;ll know what&#39;s what.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banned @ May 27 2004,19:17)]I would suggest that the local constabulary have been keeping regular tabs on the CS Crew web-site amongst other things and got a banning order issued on that basis.  As far as I'm aware you don't have to have had a previous conviction or banning order, but reasonable suspicion of something afoot.  Perhaps some p.iss-taking comment or ill thought-out interview with the Echo has been taken too seriously by them?

Have a word with Spooner of the Hall.  Everyone seems to have total respect for him and he'll know what's what.
All this sh*t about Spooner this Spooner that, hes a f**king cooper like the rest of them, and it would have been on his reccomendation who was banned or not. If you actually believe that spooner would go against his govorners to help one of us you must have brain damage.

I can't believe that some of you actually sing his f**king name in the pubs etc??
He wouldnt think twice about nicking anyone of you, just like the rest of them.

(Morning rant over)

Michael Duffy of the Echo would like to hear from anyone who has unfairly received one of these banning orders.

His direct line is 01702 321151.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ May 28 2004,09:10)]I can&#39;t believe that some of you actually sing his f**king name in the pubs etc??

(Morning rant over)
Really? Who?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 28 2004,09:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ May 28 2004,09:10)]I can&#39;t believe that some of you actually sing his f**king name in the pubs etc??

(Morning rant over)
Really? Who?

rock.gif
Loads of people naps, bit embarresing and over the top don&#39;t you think?

He&#39; sonly a policman, I could understand if it was Neville Roach or something

Back