• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lincoln's fans are unhappy with Tilson not getting players in!

This is exactly why sturrock was the right man for the job, I have nothing against Tilly but he doesn't have the contacts and prestige to get decent free transfers and to build a squad from scratch, I imagine he will be forced to bring in some loanees to cover the gaps, the only thing in his favour is that Lincoln will be one of the 'big' clubs in the conference which might convince some non league level footballers to have a look

This is exactly why sturrock was the right man for the job, I have nothing against Tilly but he doesn't have the contacts and prestige to get decent free transfers and to build a squad from scratch, I imagine he will be forced to bring in some loanees to cover the gaps, the only thing in his favour is that Lincoln will be one of the 'big' clubs in the conference which might convince some non league level footballers to have a look

Tilly has plenty of contacts! You only have to look at his record with us!

Sturrock himself has said that deals are not always done until just before training starts, players keep their options open until around early to mid July. This is why many clubs have not actually signed anyone around this time of the year.

Tilly has plenty of contacts! You only have to look at his record with us!

Sturrock himself has said that deals are not always done until just before training starts, players keep their options open until around early to mid July. This is why many clubs have not actually signed anyone around this time of the year.

Quite right about Tilly, when I checked this a few years ago we'd signed players from over 30 clubs, and that was before we were having to go cap in hand for various loan players, so I'd suggest his dealings would have been with 50+ clubs. Besides which he's got Brush alongside him with all his experience.

I'd be interested to see which clubs in our division are yet to make a signing. I reckon it will be more than half.

There are loads of Conference clubs already have signed players, so that give Lincoln fans the panic! while the conference clubs looking stronger, Lincoln look weaker on paper, even Braintree getting new signing in!

Yeah, its important to get the players in, so u don't end up with dross & players who not wanted by another team!

Back