• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TH4 RS

With Ben Coker looking like he will be spending a bit of time on the sidelines, do you think we should look at getting a player in on loan for however long the extent of his injury is or stick with our current players?

As i'm sure your aware, White can drop in at left back and Worrall can slot in at right back..

or would you put Leonard in at right back or even Thompson?

What are your thoughts?

I'd switch White to LB, Thompson to RB and have Prosser and Mads/Bolger in the middle. If Thompson doesn't do great at RB then Worrall can step in.

Think Brown will probably try and get a full back in on loan though, as he went to great efforts to try and get someone in at the start of the season.

If we could bring in a class act on loan, I would be tempted with that, especially if they were able if necessary to play in more than one position. Senior moment but cant remember the name of the young lad who came in at right back, looked really good , but got injured in his first appearance

No need to panic as we have the bodies, we just lack the rub of the green at moment, it will all fall in place I hope:smile:

The defence has not looked good in my opinion this season, the Coker injury makes things worse. I don't rate any of the centre backs we have, Prosser being the best of a bad bunch. I would look to get a left back in on loan and a centre back. The difference Kiernan, Egan and Sokolik made last season was immense. The main reason we have not conceded more goals this season is down to Dan Bentley. I think the problems we have in these defensive positions are worse than those going forward as I can see Coulthirst and Weston coming good as they have shown potential, plus the emergence of Payne. I don't see such potential in our defensive positions.

The defence has not looked good in my opinion this season, the Coker injury makes things worse. I don't rate any of the centre backs we have, Prosser being the best of a bad bunch. I would look to get a left back in on loan and a centre back. The difference Kiernan, Egan and Sokolik made last season was immense. The main reason we have not conceded more goals this season is down to Dan Bentley. I think the problems we have in these defensive positions are worse than those going forward as I can see Coulthirst and Weston coming good as they have shown potential, plus the emergence of Payne. I don't see such potential in our defensive positions.
if you are proven right we will be in big trouble and end up being a bottom half of table side, let's hope you are wrong:smile:

With 3 centre halves on our books we arent going to go and get another one.

I do think if Coker is out we should look at a loan though.

Confidence and self belief is low enough without playing players out of position.

Wouldn't have a problem with Thompson at right back and White at left. I am far more concerned with the other end of the team. The team is crying out for a fit and raring to go Corr. However, if whatever reason Corr is really out of form and favour then that is the area we must strengthen. A front 3 of Payne, Weston and Coulthirst just isn't going to score enough goals.

play 3 centre halves (prosser bolger ibenfeldt) and wing backs (white and atkinson or worrall) lenny and clifford in the middle, payne just in front of them, corr and weston up top

play 3 centre halves (prosser bolger ibenfeldt) and wing backs (white and atkinson or worrall) lenny and clifford in the middle, payne just in front of them, corr and weston up top

it might work, it might not. what is true is that you will have players that are not used to playing together (centre backs) AND a change of formation. That could be a recipe for disaster

If we could bring in a class act on loan, I would be tempted with that, especially if they were able if necessary to play in more than one position. Senior moment but cant remember the name of the young lad who came in at right back, looked really good , but got injured in his first appearance

I think that was oneil from burnley

Back