• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Location Location Location

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
When the girlfriend gets back from Costa Rica in Feb need to start planning where we want to live now I work in Grays but she works in Sudbury so we need a mutual location where we can both be within an hour of both I am thinking a Braintree Witham Kelvedon triangle??

Thoughts?

I would stay as far south as possible. You will always be going in heavy traffic, her trip should have less traffic. Chelmsford would be ok. With the new A130/A13 interchange at Sadlers Farm your journey will be pretty good by car. From Chelmsford to Sudbury is should take her less than an hour and she will also have the option of travelling by train, also less than an hour.

When the girlfriend gets back from Costa Rica in Feb need to start planning where we want to live now I work in Grays but she works in Sudbury so we need a mutual location where we can both be within an hour of both I am thinking a Braintree Witham Kelvedon triangle??

Thoughts?

Braintree would probably be perfect as you can pretty much take the A130 all the way from there to the A13 for Grays and she can use the A131/134 to get to Sudders. If you choose Witham or Kelvedon, you're pretty much consigning both of you to using the A12, which can be utter hell in either direction during rush hour and is unpredictable with all of the crashes that happen on it.

Chelmsford is very expensive. Braintree you get a lot more for your money. Try looking around the great notley area, nice area and good value for money. Plus its close to all the major routes to chelmsford, stansted etc...

Go on Google maps and add the location of your favourite pub and favourite Indian restaurant.

Look for houses that are in between these two points.

Thoughts?

My thoughts would be Chelmsford!

you sure you could stop going to football each week? what about your mates? what about the purple monkey dishwasher?

your thoughts now?

Chelmsford is good, but pricey. Trouble with Braintree is getting past Chelmsford! Maybe somewhere like Boreham or even Witham? You'd get more for your cash there too!

Back