• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Locked Topic II

Xàbia Shrimper

Co-founder of ShrimperZone
FFS! No right of reply allowed anymore. Freedom of speech, this ain't!

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The Voltaire-inspired maxim of free speech only extends, as John Stuart Mill would have it, to where it begins to impinge on others boundaries. Where freedoms are not exercised responsibly, history teaches us that those freedoms end up being curtailed.

So why Spiff is a moderator is beyond me ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 03 2006,14:07)]FFS! No right of reply allowed anymore. Freedom of speech, this ain't!

mad.gif
I think CSJ is on holiday and using your computer to post and when you get back from work/the beach you are not going to be very happy.
biggrin.gif

topics should get locked when the same points are aired over and over again and they're boring the pants off everyone apart from the protagonists.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 03 2006,14:07)]FFS! No right of reply allowed anymore. Freedom of speech, this ain't!

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The Voltaire-inspired maxim of free speech only extends, as John Stuart Mill would have it, to where it begins to impinge on others boundaries.  Where freedoms are not exercised responsibly, history teaches us that those freedoms end up being curtailed.

So why Spiff is a moderator is beyond me ...
That thread got abusive, Mike. That's why it got locked.

Spiff is a co-owner of this site - of course he has full admin and mod rights!

Can we drop this, please? If you have concerns, please put them into the owners in PMs.

Thank you.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 03 2006,15:12)]That thread got abusive, Mike.  That's why it got locked.
By a moderator!!!

"you're turning into a boring, bittor person who clearly has nothing else whatsoever to do with his day than find 'sport' on here ... it would never have happened 'in your day' because you used to be interesting and have other things in your life."

Jeez! Only moments before I get banned then ...

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 03 2006,14:13)]Not very good for PR if a co-owner tells a customer to "bore off", is it?
You're right. I'll apologise to wiggy about that when I next see her. I guess I'm only human, and sometimes my passionately held beliefs get the better of me at times.

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Nov. 03 2006,14:11)]topics should get locked when the same points are aired over and over again and they're boring the pants off everyone apart from the protagonists.
tounge.gif
So exercise your fredom of choice and ignore the thread, and let the protagonists get on with it.
As it was there were still other people contributing to the thread so it was not completely boring the pants off people

Exactly. You don't throw people out of a pub just because they are having a conversation that bores you. You wander away and do something else.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 03 2006,14:40)]Exactly. You don't throw people out of a pub just because they are having a conversation that bores you. You wander away and do something else.
I've had the misfortune of being barred entry to a pub just because I had the wrong footwear on... going to show that wrong is entirely subjective.

Anyhow, if we continue to get philosophical...

...I'll have to move this to the Pub.

upside.gif
laugh.gif

Back