• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Long time no post

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Hi all. Not been on here for ages. Partly disillushionment with things SUFC but more importantly sorting out my future. As some of you know it has been my ambition to work in Asia for many years. After months of haggling we are finally there and all terms are agreed. Now for an internal bun-fight over start date. Hoping to be Sept rather than Oct. At least I get to see the start of our promotion push.

Important things first, are you going to move your Battrick team to the sub-continent for better match times?

Sorry for delay. I'll try to fill in the gaps. First the important stuff ! Battrick is better timed with a 7 hour difference B so that won't be moving.

I will be based in HK but have reports in Tokyo and Singapore plus trying to get Oz off the ground so plenty of airlines. Family are not coming with me initially partly down to age and schooling partly as mother in law is mid 80s and wife is the only reliable dependent. We're cool with this and used to spending time apart though this is somewhat different !

15% tax and a much improved package obviously helps. It's been a hectic last 3 months but instead of doing a lot of day end stuff with NY I will now be doing the early calls with Asia until I get out there. Not too early though but I will end up being a work nerd on the train. On the plus side we now support Blackberry messenger so I can do most of it by typing rather than speaking.

Will try to become active on here again. Bear with me on this. Much to sort out over the next few days.

Get the family out there asap,wifes first hubby worked near hk and didnt move family out due to living the single life and having a hooker living in.
What do you do ,short words for a ****** like me please.

Update.

Now have a provisional start date of 19th September subject to 3 remaining points on the contract and work visa. Wow thats only six weeks away. Should have the outstanding items sorted by this time next week and it can take 4 or 5 weeks for visa. Already built a 2 weeks home over this Xmas and NY into package so initially won't be gone for too long. Woo !

Update.

Now have a provisional start date of 19th September subject to 3 remaining points on the contract and work visa. Wow thats only six weeks away. Should have the outstanding items sorted by this time next week and it can take 4 or 5 weeks for visa. Already built a 2 weeks home over this Xmas and NY into package so initially won't be gone for too long. Woo !

Damn!...only joking mate , stick around we need older heads like your bonce on here.

I will be more active on here you can count on that. For now there is still plenty to sort out but for once I'm taking a weekend off. Watching us take 3 points tomorrow then strutting my stuff on Sunday am for the Vets. Apart from keeping my svelte body in shape with squash and badminton I haven't kicked a ball for over 2 months. Injuries apart that hasn't happened for about 38 years !

I note we missed out on super Kev M on a free. Would have been perfect for tomorrow's striker shortage.

Well it seems like D-Day is upon me. We're still trying to tie up loose ends on the package and then 2 days ago our company announces cutbacks and a recruitment freeze. So the last 36 hours has been frantically trying to establish whether this affects me between London, HK and NY head office. I feel like they're holding a gun to my head but apparently if I sign today this beats the freeze but if I don't we're going to have to wait some months until there is a global review of cost reduction measures. Already been an interesting morning. How much do they want me ? How far can I afford to play brinkmanship ? Will this interfere with Battrick ? I'm not signing the latest offer on the table. I'm not being unrealistic but at the same time I've invested 6 months into this process and if it all fell apart I believe I would end up in a funny farm.

Man that sounds like a horrendous position to be in. I hope things get resolved soon mate.

Back