• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

They didn't do to bad in a proper cup in 1987!
Maybe reminiscing of old Wembley.

Great final back when the FA cup actually meant something. Coventry had waited for years to win something and thought that might be the first of a few trophies.

Sadly for their fans they have suffered more than us in the last 20 years, I met quite a few at the recent away game and when they visited last season. All seemed good lads and have a sense of humour about their woes. So good luck to the 45,000 going to Wembley they deserve a day out.

I also don't want to see Coventry get relegated, bud sadly I think the writing is already on the wall. More so, If Shrewsbury can get a surprising win against Millwall on Tuesday night (& also pushing our beloved dirty cheating Gillingham into the relegation zone fight at the same time). :smile:

Hopefully, if Oxford lose in the final, it will demoralise them as a unit & will lose some games in their final push for the play offs.

Coventry have sold 45,000!. Guess most of their 'sleeping fans' would like a day out to Wembley. Doubt they've got anything to look forward to in the forthcoming months.

Are you kidding?

Working out where Morecambe is, where to stay in Exeter and how to get across to Colchester and what tube station is required for Barnet are all things to be working on.

Not to mention the question of losing to which team in the division will be seen as the lowest point for the club in living memory. :'(

Good for them. Although I have no idea how Oxford didn't get score an equaliser in injury time is beyond me. Hopefully the cup final defeat will de-rail their promotion push off hopes also.

Football is often a round trip in many ways, when I saw my first match at Roots Hall in April 1984 we were in league Division 3 now called FL1 so we are in exactly the same division some 30+ years later. In that time we've been has high at top of the (now) Champiopnship on 'that' Boxing Bay and as low as almost seeking re-election in 1984/5 season. That's a football league range of about 68 places by my calculations. Be interesting to see the same movement for other teams.

Delighted Coventry won, those supporters have had an absolutely **** time and this, at least, helps.

Back