• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Looking back

Not really. There are always things you could have done differently but i'm more than happy with where I am. No point anyway mate, you can't change it. If you've messed up all you can do is learn from it and move on and don't make the same mistake again.

Sounds like you might be on downer, heres some from Winston:

If you are going through hell, keep going

The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you can see.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Looking back does anybody regret how things have turned out for them in life?

Things you should have done but did not etc...

Life is full of "if onlys" Scott, we all probably look back with regret at some things from some point in our lives. No point in letting it get you down though.

"If only" I hadn't have cooked that very nice steak in mustard sauce Wednesday night I probably wouldn't have ended up in hospital BUT then they wouldn't have found out about my gallstones until maybe I actually collapsed.

Life is full of "if onlys" Scott, we all probably look back with regret at some things from some point in our lives. No point in letting it get you down though.

"If only" I hadn't have cooked that very nice steak in mustard sauce Wednesday night I probably wouldn't have ended up in hospital BUT then they wouldn't have found out about my gallstones until maybe I actually collapsed.

So potentially saved by steak!

I wish I had listened in school thats a big thing oh and looked after myself better - just ****ing miserable at the moment

Never too old to start learning new stuff. Start to look after yourself by eating less rubbish (assuming you do) getting out and get walking instead of driving, and doing stuff to help other people always gives you a lift mentally.

I find it extremely annoying that if you help someone out these days they always want to pay you for it.

My theory is 'What doesn't kill me, only makes me stronger'. I have made some very silly mistakes in life but you learn from them and to be honest I wouldn't go back and change things because I wouldn't be where I am now without those mistakes and regrets happening.

Never regret things you do think about what your going to do in the future otherwise you will live a sad life regretting things you did or should of done.

Both my parents died in their 50's. My in-laws were 40's and lovely people. I am 54 now and stupidly in love, healthy, no money worries. My kids are a pain but they're good at heart. I play guitar like Carvin Jones (OK not really but I like to think so!).

Lucky? I certainly think I am. Oh don't get me wrong - I nearly met my maker twice, have been on the verge of bankruptcy, used to burn wood from my shed to keep my family warm, blah blah.

Don't look back! Forward is best!

I am ok just always been a confidence player the main problem with me going to learn something is the government will give me no support to do it its a joke

And for the foreseeable future will always be so, irrelevant of what party is in power. I know who you are and if i see you in the Spread on tuesday i'll get you a beer. Wont do you any good long term, but for the following couple of hours might give you a lift.

And for the foreseeable future will always be so, irrelevant of what party is in power. I know who you are and if i see you in the Spread on tuesday i'll get you a beer. Wont do you any good long term, but for the following couple of hours might give you a lift.

Thats the problem with the system it does not reward those that try to better themselves

Scottster, don't take this the wrong way; go do something for someone less fortunate than yourself, puts things in perspective.....

Oh and me?! I always regret the way Sooty & Sweep ended up - on the cutting room floor!

Thats the problem with the system it does not reward those that try to better themselves

Its knowledge that helps you change your situation . Know what you have and havnt got . And what you want to do . Not what society thinks you want to do your, even what you think you should be doing, and especially not what your parents or friends think they know what's best for you . What you want to do ! The only person who knows you is you no one else.

There is no past and no future only the ever present moment .

Scottster, don't take this the wrong way; go do something for someone less fortunate than yourself, puts things in perspective.....

Oh and me?! I always regret the way Sooty & Sweep ended up - on the cutting room floor!

No it doesn't it make you forget your troubles and you never solve our own only transferance .

You cant bury your problems by adopting others . However you think you improve others lifers now think how much better you can make them if you understand your own.

Not if your english( probably get shot to pieces by the dogooders on here) but if you were from the eastern bloc or somalian then you'd get all the help and funds you require. Fact, end of.

Back