• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Louis Theroux - Behind Bars

Pubey

did anyone watch it last night? brilliant filmmaking and definitely his best programme to date... i found it extremely moving and pretty frightening

Couldn't get my head around what i was watching with some of the characters in their , Some of the hardest , nastiest people in USA mingling with some bloke who was camper than Kenneth Williams , and a cross dresser that you would of thought that would get a really hard time, just mincing around in there ...brilliant

Only watched half of it as i fell asleep (rest is Sky+) but was a cracking watch. As mentioned about seemed strange that he could mingle with them all in the yard etc and get no hassle.

Also, interesting to see the time they were serving compared to what you'd get in England - 'yeah I'm serving 530 years followed by 11 life terms' - and he didn't even kill anyone. Some were getting over 15 years for nicking cars etc. Certainly the way to do it.

Only watched half of it as i fell asleep (rest is Sky+) but was a cracking watch. As mentioned about seemed strange that he could mingle with them all in the yard etc and get no hassle.

Also, interesting to see the time they were serving compared to what you'd get in England - 'yeah I'm serving 530 years followed by 11 life terms' - and he didn't even kill anyone. Some were getting over 15 years for nicking cars etc. Certainly the way to do it.

torture and a big shootout with cops would probably get a similar sentence here i would imagine.

Sky +'d too.

This guy has the right idea http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio

He was featured on an series of emails I received ages ago.

He looks exactly as you'd imagine him to, and could be straight out of The Dukes of Hazard!

Classic!

Yep, I watched it. I love Theroux's style of questioning, how did he take "Deborah" seriously? Do we think he was impressed with the food - it looked pretty gross to me. Even felt sorry for the guy on the massively long stretch at the end, when he was "exercising" in the cage and they made him take his shirt off to frogmarch him back. Just don't see the logic in a 500+ year stretch plus 11 life sentences, it'd probably be cut to about 2 years plus a year's suspended over here.

Loved it...

What a top top programme that was......Really good. Do you lot reckon the bloke in the specs was a nonce or what.....

I dont know how he didnt **** himself......

Also thought Playboy Nolan was a pretty decent bloke....

agreed, there is no way you could have got me wandering though that yard!

i thought a lot of them seemed to be pretty broken people who were born into terrible situations and crime and prison were (for them) their only options. i know there is a lot you can't take at face value, especially in a prison but like i said at the top, i found it really moving and it was an excellent insight into the lives of people society try to hide away.

i also though the guards came across well and that they aren't all bent, fascist pigs!

Some of those ideas are pretty good (re-education, Pink pants etc).
But some of the implementations have been rather ropey (breaking a man in a wheelchairs neck for basiclly smoking pot sheesh )

Back