• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Loza in, Prosser out for Blues

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United are expected to complete the signing of Norwich City striker Jamar Loza today, Echosport understands.

More...

Disappointed on both accounts. Shame to see a good squad player leave in Prosser and not sure other than his pace that Loza is the right choice to bring in upfront. But Barnett so far has proved a good signing as has Hendrie, Mcqueen and the lad from Arsenal also have potential. Lets hope Loza is an improved version of the one we had last time

Think time will tell with Prosser, the move is best for him and if we get in a decent replacement it'll be a great move, if we can't get anyone in then possibly should have delayed letting him go until the end of the season, or have just got rid in the summer. Best of luck to him at Northampton.

Loza will definitely bring some things we've missed, like pace etc, but he's certainly no better than any of the others we already have based on his past loan spell so hopefully he will have come on since then.

Good luck to Pross. deserves a good move, pairing up with old mate Cresswell makes a formidable Southend back line that would be difficult to penetrate and should ensure their promotion push. As we will go up, I will miss seeing them both take us on and cope with Payne and Lloma coming at them at pace

Good luck to Pross. deserves a good move, pairing up with old mate Cresswell makes a formidable Southend back line that would be difficult to penetrate and should ensure their promotion push. As we will go up, I will miss seeing them both take us on and cope with Payne and Lloma coming at them at pace

Thats assuming he gets a starting place, they havnt done too badly so far this season at the back

In fairness Loza was very young when he was with us before. Maybe, the certainty that he's going to be with us for the foreseeable--with no Norwich City safety net--will help him fulfil his potential.

Been a very good window for us so far. Would like to see us get Addison in (providing his trial is successful), especially if we are going to continue to play with 3 CB's.

Good luck to Luke at Northampton, and happy to see Loza join he'll add some pace.

In fairness not too many players who have left over the last few seasons have gone onto bigger and better things. Most have left at the right time. I mean where are the likes of Ryan Hall and Kane Ferdindand now? Even Corr is only in leauge 2, ditto Cresswell. We have Bolger, Barrett and Thompson who have all done well this season and if Addison signs that is 4 good centre backs.

Imagine up top Loza and Barnett with Jack just behind ,delightful prospect with pace power and trickery.

Edited to improve strikeforce. I hope Loza does well don't get me wrong, but Hunt should be the one starting up there with Barnett if we're playing a two - no question.

100% agree with this. Would much prefer to see hunt in the side and alongside Barnett

Think Loza is here for the rest of the season, but not on loan? Can't expect him to get huge amounts of game time, but handy to have in the squad. Hopefully he has improved and is still going to get better and can do enough to get a contract in the summer, or he goes somewhere else.

Seems a win win really.

Sad to see Prosser go, but good luck to him. He has always given 100% when in a Southend shirt which is all you can ask.

Maybe PB sees loza as a winger and not a striker.

Weston is out injured and mclaughlin is always crock. Worrall is off by all accounts.

Is there a limit to how many loan players a club can have? I genuinely thought it was 4 max but it obviously can't be as we now have 5 (with Loza), or do 'loans with a view to permanent' count different?

Is there a limit to how many loan players a club can have? I genuinely thought it was 4 max but it obviously can't be as we now have 5 (with Loza), or do 'loans with a view to permanent' count different?

I think we've taken over the remainder of Loza's contract from Norwich so this doesn't count as a loan. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Back