• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lucky Gherkin Ultra's

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
Lucky Gherkin Ultras

After the lucky gherkin managed to pull back a two goal deficit yesterday (it was consumed at half time when we were two-nil down and inspired the comeback) a new supporters group has been founded. So instead of being part of One True Voice sign up for the Lucky Gherkin Ultras.

:p

gherkin.JPG

Last edited:
Dip stick, at least get the name right!!:thump: :thump: :thump:

I can't quite believe I'm having to explain this, but obviously there are some people with a sense of humour bypass on here. I am quite aware that the real name is The Blue Voice - this thread is meant as a bit of a laugh which is why I put One True Voice. Ok, as jokes go it's hardly a classic but it's a joke all the same.

So before I mortally offend anyone connected with The Blue Voice can I just say that I'm not really setting up a rival fan group and I applaud your efforts to improve the atmosphere at Roots Hall. Anything positive to help the team is of course a good thing.

One again, please remember -

I WAS JOKING!

I can't quite believe I'm having to explain this, but obviously there are some people with a sense of humour bypass on here. I am quite aware that the real name is The Blue Voice - this thread is meant as a bit of a laugh which is why I put One True Voice. Ok, as jokes go it's hardly a classic but it's a joke all the same.

So before I mortally offend anyone connected with The Blue Voice can I just say that I'm not really setting up a rival fan group and I applaud your efforts to improve the atmosphere at Roots Hall. Anything positive to help the team is of course a good thing.

One again, please remember -

I WAS JOKING!

I am saddened to hear that this is only a joke . I thought the Lucky Gherkin Ultras was a very good idea , not least because there is a group of us in the SSU who also believe in the luck that the timely consumption of a gherkin can bring .

Usually , the consumption of two or more gherkins before the kick off guarantees a home win - one , as on Saturday , a draw , whereas to omit the noble gherkin completely will undoubtedly result in defeat - Tranmere and Carlisle immediately spring to mind .

Moreover , I always feel sorry for guys like Matt Harrold and Sooper Hooper who get blamed for those reversals when the real reason is a simple lack of preparation on our part .

One question - how do you manage to keep yours fresh till half time ?

Why is there a picture of coppers in riot gear in you one blue voice emblem? Is this group now the hooligan gang of SUFC?

We've been through this before.

True Blue, being the malibu and pineapple gentleman that he is, is a big fan of the Village People. His signature therefore contains both people dancing along to their critically acclaimed hit, YMCA and dressed up as a policemen.

His next signature will contain the letter "M" and a red Indian chieftan.

Back