• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Luke Beckett anyone?

shrimperman

Manager
hes just been transfer listed by sheff utd. was out on loan for the large part of his stay with the blades which suggests warnock really doesnt rate him. i feel the figure could be closer £100,000 if we were to get him but he has a proven goalscoring record in this div and i feel he would link well with freddy as he has a bit of power, good in the air and so would be able to knock on to freddy. anyone?

Very proven, and im sure a few clubs might have a go, question is wages ?

Rumour has it he was only signed by Warnock because Sheffield Wednesday were after him...I could see him going back to Huddersfield or at least staying in Yorkshire to be honest.

They're selling a few good players there. Shame we wont get our mits on any of them!!

biggrin.gif

neil warnocks a bit of a chop merchant
one bad game and your out
danny cullip certainly didnt last long and they paid money for him when if they'd of waited a few months he'd of gone to em on a free

Like FM13 said, it's not just the ammount he's up for grabs for, but the wages!

I expect he is on a fair bit.

Whilst looking at the Sheff Utd. story on sportinglife.com, I noticed that Paul Hayes (scorer of 19 of Scunny's goals on their promotion charge last term) and Richard Kell (who bagged 5 from midfield for Scunny and was an ever-present until he broke his leg towards the end of the campaign) have both left Scunny for Barnsley.

wow.gif

That has got to damage their prospects next term. It also seems that Trundle is being bombarded with offers from elsewhere.

Here's hoping we don't suffer the same fate in terms of offers for Freddy, Super Kev, Benno or Adam Barrett... truly the spine of our promotion-winning side...

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ June 02 2005,13:58)]Like FM13 said, it's not just the ammount he's up for grabs for, but the wages!

Well at Chesterfield he was on 500 a week (signing on fee 21k) or 1000 a week (52K signing on fee) depending on whether you were his Bank Manager or the Transfer Tribunal

The bloke is a disloyal crook (oops sorry Mts) a disloyal alleged crook (I can't recall if he was actually charged but Chesterfield were docked points) who had a hand in defrauding Chester (The club who gave him his first league break) of valuable transfer revenue whilst they were in administration.

Anyway Tranmere are linked with him...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 02 2005,14:10)]Here's hoping we don't suffer the same fate in terms of offers for Freddy, Super Kev, Benno or Adam Barrett... truly the spine of our promotion-winning side...
The difference I think is that Hayes and Kell were out of contract (I think?).

Is Trundle out of contract?

IIRC Freddy, Kev, Benno and Barrett are all under contract for at least one more season, two in the case of Freddy.

True, Spiff... but let's say someone came in with a silly wages offer for (say) Adam Barrett - would he be able to turn that down? And what fee (realistically) would he command? £75K tops, in all likelihood.

sad.gif

It's just a concern that key players from other promotion squads either already have been, or may be, poached... and I don't want it to happen to us...

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ June 02 2005,14:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ June 02 2005,13:58)]Like FM13 said, it's not just the ammount he's up for grabs for, but the wages!

Well at Chesterfield he was on 500 a week (signing on fee 21k) or 1000 a week (52K signing on fee) depending on whether you were his Bank Manager or the Transfer Tribunal

The bloke is a disloyal crook (oops sorry Mts) a disloyal alleged crook (I can't recall if he was actually charged but Chesterfield were docked points) who had a hand in defrauding Chester (The club who gave him his first league break) of valuable transfer revenue whilst they were in administration.

Anyway Tranmere are linked with him...
Last time we were promoted from division 4, we signed a player (later) implicated in a brown-envelope scandal, and he helped us to promotion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ June 02 2005,13:03)]hes just been transfer listed by sheff utd. was out on loan for the large part of his stay with the blades which suggests warnock really doesnt rate him. i feel the figure could be closer £100,000 if we were to get him but he has a proven goalscoring record in this div and i feel he would link well with freddy as he has a bit of power, good in the air and so would be able to knock on to freddy. anyone?
I thought we'd just won promotion, not the New York State Lottery!

Nope , you got me on that...who was it.

To be honest it wasn't the brown paper bit which did it for me, If Chester hadn't
a) needed the money and B) given him a break after Barnsley released him. I would have only felt Chesterfield were culpable. But to assist the defrauding of your previous team does say a lot about the players loyalty to the shirt...

I thought most strikers outside the Premier$hite were debating a move to Hull?.... Peter Taylor seems to sign a new striker every week, its like a revolving door up there!!

As for Beckett, would be a cracking signing, scores goals for whoever he plays for, but I doubt we could either afford him, or he would want to move down South....

But if it was possible, id go for him straightaway.

He's got a bit of a dodgy knee apparently,but i don't think he would come south anyway.
How about Hefferman, didn't work out at Swindon, but highly rated.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Saafend @ June 02 2005,14:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ June 02 2005,13:03)]hes just been transfer listed by sheff utd. was out on loan for the large part of his stay with the blades which suggests warnock really doesnt rate him. i feel the figure could be closer £100,000 if we were to get him but he has a proven goalscoring record in this div and i feel he would link well with freddy as he has a bit of power, good in the air and so would be able to knock on to freddy. anyone?
I thought we'd just won promotion, not the New York State Lottery!
i wasnt saying we could sign, just asking for thoughts, that figure is what i imagine would be capable of capturing him - i didnt say we had that money

Back