• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Luke Daniels

Waste of a career. Seems like a player who is just happy to pick up his wages and not play. Looked a quality prospect for a few games when we had him!

Signed for Scunthorpe for an undisclosed fee.

Nice to see him finally get a permanent move. Always far too good to be sitting in a reserves side, its becoming a big problem with English players

Signed for Brentford!

Bit of an odd one seeing as they have Bentley and rate him highly.

Ricey said:
Signed for Brentford!

Bit of an odd one seeing as they have Bentley and rate him highly.
Unless Bentley's going elsewhere. They did the same last season, bought Dan and then immediately sold Button(?)

Than Bentley? They could also do far better.

I like Bentley a lot but it was widely recognised last season that Everton's two goalies just weren't good enough for a side with their aspirations and he's not (yet) an upgrade on either of those two.

I like Bentley a lot but it was widely recognised last season that Everton's two goalies just weren't good enough for a side with their aspirations and he's not (yet) an upgrade on either of those two.

I strongly suspect they'll be one of the interested parties in Pickford and move on from there.

Brentford picking up Daniels is an odd one though, particularly if they expect Bentley's understudy - also highly rated and the same age as Bentley - to stick around.

Brentford picking up Daniels is an odd one though, particularly if they expect Bentley's understudy - also highly rated and the same age as Bentley - to stick around.
Saw somewhere that they're hoping that he'll replace Bentley in a couple of years and so want to loan him out to play regularly.

Surprises me that Daniels would be happy to play second fiddle at his age and after doing so well this season and seems a strange move all round, but Brentford do seem to like stockpiling goalkeepers.

Back